• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sunchill and alternatives…….

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Really want to get a Sunchill but even with the current $75 off promo it’s still over $600. I found a few cheaper options on Amazon and am wondering if anyone has purchased any of these:

This one has an even better price but not sure of the quality based on one review:

Last edited:

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will go to bat for Hans and Sunchill though… Had a small hole after a year and a half of owning. Not sure how it got there but maybe when I draped it over my grill to dry a small piece of metal caught it.. Hans sent me a UPS sticker to ship it to him to fix and then shipped it back all within 2 weeks. Can barely even tell where the hole was!

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i'm thinking the cheaper one....since it's from the danrelax store

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Crap!! The Danrelax one was on sale for $249 and then a $50 coupon brought it down to $199. Went to look at it again and the price jumped back to $299 but the coupon is still valid so $249. Figured it was worth a gamble at $199 but maybe I’ll wait a bit to see if any other reviews pop up.

I will go to bat for Hans and Sunchill though… Had a small hole after a year and a half of owning. Not sure how it got there but maybe when I draped it over my grill to dry a small piece of metal caught it.. Hans sent me a UPS sticker to ship it to him to fix and then shipped it back all within 2 weeks. Can barely even tell where the hole was!
Sunchill is without a doubt a quality product and a 5 year warranty for something that (in many cases) will take a beating is top notch.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
OK, so I got a pretty good deal on the Solstice version of the Sunchill from Overtons. List price was $415 (the two knock-offs that had good reviews on Amazon were both $499) and a 10% off coupon knocked it down to $373.50. Shipping was free but had to pay tax so it ended up at $394.00 total - should arrive towards the end of next week. No reviews for this yet on Overtons but Solstice has a pretty good reputation and they appear to make quality stuff. I’ll report back once I have it in hand with my initial impression.

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The Solstice 8' hangout ring arrived yesterday and I had a chance to inflate it on the grass. My first impressions:

- Materials seem sturdy and the quality of the construction seems good.
- Couldn't really tell how the mesh attached to the ring in the Overton photos but it looks solid.
- Comes with bag, repair kit, hand pump, and tool for replacing air valve.
- It took a little under 90 seconds to inflate the ring using my Ryobi inflator. Some people top off rigid-type inflatables with the hand pump but I don't think that will be necessary in this case.
- Deflating may be a bit of a chore on the water but should be OK if you use the swim deck.
- Gave up trying to get it in the supplied bag - it will be going in the ski locker.

While I haven't had it on the water yet, I think that this was a good purchase and about $300 less than the Swimchill. You don't get anywhere near the same warranty (1yr vs 5yr) as the Swimchill but our boat season is only 5 months long so it should serve its purpose.

Once we have a chance to get it on the water I will report back to the group.

1-box.jpg

pump.jpg

pumped up.jpg

mesh.jpg

bag and hand pump.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I stumbled across this too late. Can you send that trash back? Pulling up to the sandbar and seeing that embarrasment instead of this thing I found you...if you don't have a Costco membership, we can set a date to get together and I'll take you in. It's the least I can do, you're really gonna be better off with this thing, and you'll be the boss man of the sandbar. It's also less expensive, so you can put the savings toward all your updates or the next boat trade in. Let me know when we should meet up - I think they'd have it at the Costco in Grafton, but this one in Appleton definitely has it. You'll also want at least one more battery for that Ryobi inflator.

IMG_20240428_164836164_HDR.jpg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I stumbled across this too late. Can you send that trash back? Pulling up to the sandbar and seeing that embarrasment instead of this thing I found you...if you don't have a Costco membership, we can set a date to get together and I'll take you in. It's the least I can do, you're really gonna be better off with this thing, and you'll be the boss man of the sandbar. It's also less expensive, so you can put the savings toward all your updates or the next boat trade in. Let me know when we should meet up - I think they'd have it at the Costco in Grafton, but this one in Appleton definitely has it. You'll also want at least one more battery for that Ryobi inflator.
I bought that one a couple of weeks ago and returned it - three problems:

1- My fat @ss kept getting stuck in the slide tunnel
2- The water cannon at the bottom of the slide has barely any pressure - I need it to shoot at least 50 yards so I can dominate the sandbar
3- The four can holders by the entrance to the slide are impossible to use - almost all of my beer drained out of the cans before I could drink it.......