• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SunSports in Fort Myers FL Worst Dealership ever ...Worst customer service and goes on

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is not enough words to describe this place. There customer service is the worst service i have ever encounter. You will think that after buying 2 boats from this people, they will at least take care of you as a customer. My third boat i got it from cycles springs, this people are great, but since i live down in fort myers area if there are any warranty issue, Sunsport is the only dealership on the area that is certify to do warranty service for yamaha boats. My 2015 AR240 is a great boat but there are gonna be things that will come loose or will break or you will have factory defective things, all boats always gonna need something but when you buy an extended warranty you will expect that at lease if your engine starters come loose they will fix it, and it should be cover by the yamaha warranty especially if the boat is less than a year old. My gauges are foggy , my windshield came apart , the stiching on my seats are all mess up, the connect system constantly is getting faulty error messages or check engines and that ok, nothing is perfect but you will expect that the dealership will do the right thing and will get this things fix under the warranty, but no, Sunsport alway have an smart ass answer for every fuc%$& thing. Jerry the Service manage at this place is an completely imbecil as a service manager that didn't have at least the courtesy of carrying or even getting to my boat and look at this problems and he told me that my boat had to many hours (148 hr less that a year old) and that those thing are my responsability no yamaha, so they end up charging me for rescrewing the starter bolts that came out and didnt replace or fix the other things like the foggy gauges, the seat, the spider cracks , they didnt do anything about the windshield, they didnt do anything about the check engine messages on the connect system that i been getting for almost 7 months now etc etc etc.. I have dealt with yamaha directly before and they always cover this things on the past in my previous boats. It sucks that you gotta call yamaha directly and have them put this assholes (sunsports) on there place for them to do there job. Every single thing that they have told me that yamaha warranty didnt cover, i have call yamaha directly and they have cover it.. This people just dont want to do there job. This is just one of the many bad experiences that i had with this place and i know many other people that had the same or worst experience at this place too.

My point is , that if there is any person that needs to have there boat repair or service by a yamaha dealer , donot take it here, they will make everything and anything to lie to you and make sure you wont get your boat fix by things that the warranty will actually cover, they will try to make you pay out of pocket. If you need your boat service or get things repair or replace by the yamaha warranty , take it to cycles springs clearwater fl or any other place besides this one. What will be the point of buying a damn extended warranty for 2,700 dollars and you have a dealership like sunsport telling you that is no cover , and you call yamaha and you find out that they are cover by the warranty.... Be careful with this place.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry to hear these issues. Hopefully Cycle Springs will step up to ease the disappointment. Hope you get it resolved and document the issues with Yamaha directly convening Sunsport.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about this experience, @MrMoose !

Oh, wait. You are not him. Funny, sounds hauntingly familiar to his experience with our local dealer.... Wonder if there is something mother Yamaha has changed in the way they pay or certify these guys that is causing these issues.

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I bought mine in 2013, I expected less than stellar service from Irwin Marine in Laconia NH, because my little $55K boat was nothing compared to their other lines, and they sell a lot of big boats. I was completely wrong! They have treated like their most important customer every time I deal with them. I hope you can find a dealer like them; they truly get 'customer service'.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've had similar experiences at SunSports! It's really a shame and is the main factor that holds me from buying another Yamaha while I live in this area. Yamaha needs to open regional FACTORY repair shops to bridge the horrid dealer network. I haul Seadoos and yamahas across alligator alley to Riva.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@1948Isaac thanks for the heads up they have a great deal list on a boat I was thinking about coming down and picking up I may skip that trip now

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got a link?
Lol no but they have several brand new 2015 models left over they are cutting deals on. They are listed on their web site with pricing.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol no but they have several brand new 2015 models left over they are cutting deals on. They are listed on their web site with pricing.
I can't find it. Seems like slim pickings in 240s of 2015/16 in general, must be selling really well. I am in Saint Louis which does not help.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@1948Isaac I know exactly where your coming from and like you, I will never deal with that dealer again.
I also have bought two boats off them and expected a decent service regarding after service, how wrong was I, so after checking all clauses I decided self-service was the best option. It seems to be more prevalent now that owning a Yamaha boat is only for the people who are capable of rectifying any issues themselves but with the ever increasing MSRP, Yamaha are fast becoming, and I hate to say this, the brand to stay away from. I know my next boat won't be a Yamaha :(.
@robert843 I wouldn't let the service put you off buying from them, in fact they totally balls up my sale so I got an AR for the price of an SX, plus I told a white lie that I got a quote of $600 for a premium mooring cover, and they matched it :shamefullyembarrased:
:rolleyes:.

A pal of mine from Gulf Marine, Placida now have Sunsports pontoon dealership, as it was taken off them. He mentioned their a Motorcycle dealer at heart and don't really have much interest in boats, kinda sums them up.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is their 2015's they have a brand new SX240 with a cover included for $46,999. The two strikes it has for me are its blue I prefer the grey and it comes with a painted trailer which is a no go for me as well I'm using @1948Isaac coments as the third strike to eliminate it as an option for me.

http://sunsportscycle.com/Showroom/New-Inventory/Search/NEW/Yamaha/Power-Boats-Inboard/2015/2015
Thank you, sir. I'm a moron :D.
That is helpful. My dealer (St. Charles Boat and Motor) tells me their leftovers are discounted only but 1k, which is in line with that. That's off of the MSRP.
So, basically it is the MSRP and free 4year warranty. Or - deal with the dreamers...I dont know...
I should buy your boat, @robert843!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's too bad about the dealer @1948Isaac Those are the main reasons that I stay away from dealerships in general. There's nothing worse than overpaying someone to treat you like crap and screw things up.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you, sir. I'm a moron :D.
That is helpful. My dealer (St. Charles Boat and Motor) tells me their leftovers are discounted only but 1k, which is in line with that. That's off of the MSRP.
So, basically it is the MSRP and free 4year warranty. Or - deal with the dreamers...I dont know...
I should buy your boat, @robert843!
You should lol. You can pack the family up and Come down to Myrtle Beach SC for a weekend trip and I will gladly run you guys around on it for a few days while you decide. Let me know when you book the travel plans and I will pull it from the sales list till you come take a look at it ;).

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@1948Isaac I know exactly where your coming from and like you, I will never deal with that dealer again.
I also have bought two boats off them and expected a decent service regarding after service, how wrong was I, so after checking all clauses I decided self-service was the best option. It seems to be more prevalent now that owning a Yamaha boat is only for the people who are capable of rectifying any issues themselves but with the ever increasing MSRP, Yamaha are fast becoming, and I hate to say this, the brand to stay away from. I know my next boat won't be a Yamaha :(.
@robert843 I wouldn't let the service put you off buying from them, in fact they totally balls up my sale so I got an AR for the price of an SX, plus I told a white lie that I got a quote of $600 for a premium mooring cover, and they matched it :shamefullyembarrased:
:rolleyes:.

A pal of mine from Gulf Marine, Placida now have Sunsports pontoon dealership, as it was taken off them. He mentioned their a Motorcycle dealer at heart and don't really have much interest in boats, kinda sums them up.
I have always service my own boats, but it just suck that the only dealership that deal with yamaha warranty is sunsports. I just dont get how this people still in business.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about this experience, @MrMoose !

Oh, wait. You are not him. Funny, sounds hauntingly familiar to his experience with our local dealer.... Wonder if there is something mother Yamaha has changed in the way they pay or certify these guys that is causing these issues.
Man this have to do with lack of customer service and management , even if the warranty wont cover this things , at least they should act like they care but this people will tell you in your face that they dont give a fuc#$%^&. Even if i got to pay , act like you wanna help me out but not even that... I dont know what is wrong in this places.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's too bad about the dealer @1948Isaac Those are the main reasons that I stay away from dealerships in general. There's nothing worse than overpaying someone to treat you like crap and screw things up.
I agree with you

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is their 2015's they have a brand new SX240 with a cover included for $46,999. The two strikes it has for me are its blue I prefer the grey and it comes with a painted trailer which is a no go for me as well I'm using @1948Isaac coments as the third strike to eliminate it as an option for me.

http://sunsportscycle.com/Showroom/New-Inventory/Search/NEW/Yamaha/Power-Boats-Inboard/2015/2015
If your gonna get one ar 240 get it from cycles springs on clear water .. They are great, they probably will give you a better deal than anyone out there

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length