• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surfing - 2019 Scarab 215ID

ssully

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Any feedback on optimal set up for the 2019 Scarab 215ID with wake plates? How do you run your ballast? Do you run both wake plates or only on one side, if one side, which one? The one with the surfer or the other? What types of speeds are you having success with? Are you putting any ballast in the very front of the boat? Thank you!

Trousertrout

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Any feedback on optimal set up for the 2019 Scarab 215ID with wake plates? How do you run your ballast? Do you run both wake plates or only on one side, if one side, which one? The one with the surfer or the other? What types of speeds are you having success with? Are you putting any ballast in the very front of the boat? Thank you!
Hello, I have a 2017 215ID with the wake package and wake plates or trim tabs is what Scarab calls them. I have tried everything to get a decent surf wake behind this boat and just can't. I have tried all ballasts filled to the max, both tabs on and then only one on. I have added 8 people in the back, tried all people on one side then the other, then in the middle and it just won't happen. I have seriously tried everything. I love this boat for its many other features but gave up with the surfing. I am convinced its totally false advertising by Scarab. I even watched several videos on utube that show people surfing behind a 215 but not very long or very good. That being said I will probably never give up trying but am happy wakeboarding, tubing, cruising and everything else that this boat offers. Next summer I might by an aftermarket surf tab and give that a shot, after that if it doesnt happen then I will stop trying and accept the fact that this boat will not make a decent surfable wake. I grew up on the lake and can wake surf just find behind other boats, just not jet boats. If you figure it out please share!!!

ssully

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I have had very good success with a larger board - I believe it is the 5'7" hyperlite landshark. I do the normal weighting things with ballast loaded heavier on surfer side, we also put a person facing the surfer in the back. I have added a couple 50lb bags (pellet) from wakeblasters to the front as i have read that it is good to have weight in the front to elongate the wave, not sure if they really help, but, all weight is good.

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
you need to have deep enough water also, at least 10' but more is better otherwise the wave has no push. Just takes time to figure your setup and you only run 1 side of the surf stream tab and you put it on the riders side. It is designed to send some water towards the jet wash and push the white wash away giving you a cleaner face. You have to be going around 10 plus for it to be effective. Also like said before having the right board also depending on experience in riding. For example I actually can't stay on the wave well with my 4'10 board b/c of to much float, but I can ride my 4'7" Ronix m50 without a problem. It has enough float to support my weight but sit enough in the water to get the push vs floating on top.