• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surfing behind AR190 homemade WakeBooster

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found a way to make a wake booster out of angle iron. I’ve been looking for a wake booster but they’re hard to find for a reasonable price. I made one similar out of angle iron and it seems to work. My board isn’t very fast but my wake looks great with 700# of ballast. I’m thinking about making this setup to sell. My wake is about 3-4’. These are relatively easy to make and I can powder coat them. The pin I made is similar to the one Yamaha makes. Give me your thoughts.
I just saw your post. I love this device. Have you made an adjustments since the last prototype? Looking for something like this. Thanks Stanley

Swahnish

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's your email address. I will send you a template. If you look at my post on 7/31/21, no welding was required for my deflector. I used a piece of aluminum angle.
Can you email me the template as well Sam.wahnish@gmail.
Com

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Capt Nemo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I completed the aluminum booster and tried it out. It definitely moved the water and cleaned up the surf side wave. I had about 400# of human ballast in the starboard corner seats plus a 150# driver. When I would carve up and down the wave I could get slack on the way down but will need ballast to go ropeless and lengthen the pocket. What ballast placement have you guys found to work with a booster? I would love to have it all hidden. I'm thinking about a 750# bag under the rear seat and maybe some in the ski locker or would I need the 650# custom fatsac on the swim deck?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I completed the aluminum booster and tried it out. It definitely moved the water and cleaned up the surf side wave. I had about 400# of human ballast in the starboard corner seats plus a 150# driver. When I would carve up and down the wave I could get slack on the way down but will need ballast to go ropeless and lengthen the pocket. What ballast placement have you guys found to work with a booster? I would love to have it all hidden. I'm thinking about a 750# bag under the rear seat and maybe some in the ski locker or would I need the 650# custom fatsac on the swim deck?
Lots of success from forum members with the custom transom fat sac . I have the 750 transom and a 150 cube that I can move around to adjust like passengers

Swahnish

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lots of success from forum members with the custom transom fat sac . I have the 750 transom and a 150 cube that I can move around to adjust like passengers
Do you have a template for the aluminum wake booster? If you do can you email it to me. Sam.Wahnish@gmail.com. Thank you.

Paul AR192

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What's your email address. I will send you a template. If you look at my post on 7/31/21, no welding was required for my deflector. I used a piece of aluminum angle.
Wow! I just stumbled on this, but I really want to build one. Any chance you could send me the template as well? panastas@gmail.com

Swilli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Tjlucas. I would love a copy of your template as well. Great job on this! By any chance - do you know if your eyelet hooks are the same as the ones on an earlier model (pre 2019) 195?
My email is goboard23@gmail.com

Bonfiggy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'd also love a copy of this template! 2022 AR195. Happy to DM you my email address if you're still willing to share.

Stoltzy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread, but I'm awaiting my 2023 AR190 and I'd love the template if you could email to ryanstoltz@gmail.com. Thanks!

Capt Nemo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread, but I'm awaiting my 2023 AR190 and I'd love the template if you could email to ryanstoltz@gmail.com. Thanks!
I don't think this will fit the 2019 and newer 19ft boats as they are different. If you can find someone that has a 2019 and newer booster you could make a template off of it but it would just be easier to order the one Yamaha makes. It took me several hours to complete mine with basic power tools but I took my time.

turbo1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an ar192 and would love to have a copy of the template too. I'd love to make one of these up.

Allanburns

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can someone just attach the file to a post please. If not, I will make one and share the information in a week or two on the build process.

Ibeflyinhigh

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've heard attaching these wake boosters puts a lot of force/pressure and can spider crack the gel coat around the eyelet. Is this a common problem when using any kind of booster?