• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surfing behind AR190 homemade WakeBooster

Erikw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That wave looks great. I would like to make one as well. Would you be able to trace the outline for a template?

Kacper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I found a way to make a wake booster out of angle iron. I’ve been looking for a wake booster but they’re hard to find for a reasonable price. I made one similar out of angle iron and it seems to work. My board isn’t very fast but my wake looks great with 700# of ballast. I’m thinking about making this setup to sell. My wake is about 3-4’. These are relatively easy to make and I can powder coat them. The pin I made is similar to the one Yamaha makes. Give me your thoughts.
@Chucktrex I like this idea, could you be able to make this for a 2019 Yamaha 242 Limited S?

Last edited:

Kacper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was inspired by the metal angle and after testing with some poly prototypes, made a wake enhancer from aluminum angler for our AR192. Went ropeless for the first extended time. Had 400lbs of ballast sack centered on the swim step and only two small adults and two kids in the boat. I have attached some pictures of the booster. Pretty awesome for about $80 in material and tools.
@Tjlucas Would you be able to make one for a 24ft Yamaha?

Last edited:

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Was inspired by the metal angle and after testing with some poly prototypes, made a wake enhancer from aluminum angler for our AR192. Went ropeless for the first extended time. Had 400lbs of ballast sack centered on the swim step and only two small adults and two kids in the boat. I have attached some pictures of the booster. Pretty awesome for about $80 in material and tools.
This is cool! good work!

Tjlucas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A few videos from this morning. 400lb sac on the floor in the back. 100lb on the swim step on surf side and the wake deflector. Just my brother in law of about 140lbs and my 11 year old in the boat. We are riding a Ronix Powertail+ 4’11”. By far the best board I have been on for small wakes. Power like the Slingshot Coaster (maybe more) and doesn’t pearl nearly as easy.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
do you have ride steady or another speed control installed?

bkarl1518

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Tjlucas . I just purchased my first 2014 AR192, and I have been looking for someone that has made a homemade wakebooster in their garage. Do you happen to have the dimensions? I was going to go to my father's shop and weld one up with him. Much appreciated.

Tjlucas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's your email address. I will send you a template. If you look at my post on 7/31/21, no welding was required for my deflector. I used a piece of aluminum angle.

bkarl1518

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Tjlucas . Thank you. That was a quick reply. It's bkarl1518@gmail.com. I can't wait to check this out. I welcome any other ideas to help out a new jet boater. Thanks again.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What's your email address. I will send you a template. If you look at my post on 7/31/21, no welding was required for my deflector. I used a piece of aluminum angle.
@Tjlucas - I like your mod better than my attempt with starboard. Dropped you a note with my email if your still willing to share your template

jeanralphio91

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Tjlucas looks awesome. Any chance I could get a copy of that template as well? just sent you a message.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Has anyone made one of these for a 2019+ 19’ boat?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone made one of these for a 2019+ 19’ boat?
I bought the parts and will be making one. I have the template and the aluminum angle. Just need to pick up the right sawblade..

I had done an experiment with 4” pvc and starboard. But it needs modification, so scrapped it to try this.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I bought the parts and will be making one. I have the template and the aluminum angle. Just need to pick up the right sawblade..

I had done an experiment with 4” pvc and starboard. But it needs modification, so scrapped it to try this.
Would you mind sharing the template you’re using? I’m eager to try this out as well.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A few videos from this morning. 400lb sac on the floor in the back. 100lb on the swim step on surf side and the wake deflector. Just my brother in law of about 140lbs and my 11 year old in the boat. We are riding a Ronix Powertail+ 4’11”. By far the best board I have been on for small wakes. Power like the Slingshot Coaster (maybe more) and doesn’t pearl nearly as easy.

After your wakebooster install - what was the main difference than without it?

What was the main difference with vs without the booster?