• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Surfing behind AR190 homemade WakeBooster

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're on to something good @Chucktrex! I'm looking forward to seeing all these boats surfing this season. I'm getting the itch bad! We're might see 60° this weekend, water is probably 50° I'm not sure I'm brave enough... but I wanna be. It'll be another month before it's close comfortable. 😩

(Message me if any of you are shopping for boards, I'll give you som great discounts. www.transomwatersports.com)

LLON

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely interested! Love your idea! I've gone ropeless on my AR192 with about 450 on the corner of the back platform and 300 beside the battery (regular on the port side). Looking to see what more the boat can do! Let me know!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wondering how this project is going. The simplicity of this design is incredible. I might fab something up myself if you can share general dimensions.

willbacker45

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Checking in to see if anything came from this. Looks like it worked well.

fiendi5h

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Chucktrex Did you get a chance to try this out any further?

Looks like a real simple and cost effective solution.

What size of angle iron did you try?

Thanks
Tom

Tjlucas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was inspired by the metal angle and after testing with some poly prototypes, made a wake enhancer from aluminum angler for our AR192. Went ropeless for the first extended time. Had 400lbs of ballast sack centered on the swim step and only two small adults and two kids in the boat. I have attached some pictures of the booster. Pretty awesome for about $80 in material and tools.

Attachments

92hb_hb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Was inspired by the metal angle and after testing with some poly prototypes, made a wake enhancer from aluminum angler for our AR192. Went ropeless for the first extended time. Had 400lbs of ballast sack centered on the swim step and only two small adults and two kids in the boat. I have attached some pictures of the booster. Pretty awesome for about $80 in material and tools.
Where can you purchase the aluminum angle piece?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last edited:

Tjlucas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a 2’ price from McMaster-Carr.

Aquarius

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
That looks awesome! Would you be able to share a shopping list of the other parts to make it?

Tjlucas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other than the aluminum angle which I cut to 19 1/2” long and shaped as shown with a jigsaw, I used a 4 1/2” x 3/4” black pipe nipple that is drilled and tapped for the clamp bolt. I used a cotter pin from the depot as well as a a stainless tie hook to attach the paracord.

fiendi5h

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any pics or video of the wake you were able to make?

Tjlucas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will get some this weekend and post

Aquarius

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Other than the aluminum angle which I cut to 19 1/2” long and shaped as shown with a jigsaw, I used a 4 1/2” x 3/4” black pipe nipple that is drilled and tapped for the clamp bolt. I used a cotter pin from the depot as well as a a stainless tie hook to attach the paracord.
Is 19 1/2" to match the Wakebooster length or some other reason that you cut it to that size?

Tjlucas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Based off what I could gather from screen shots and scaling online pictures of the 19ft wakebooster, I think it's about 5 1/2" tall and roughly 17 1/2" wide. However, once I shaped mine to match the outline of the side of the boat when on the port or starboard sides, it end up being 19 1/2". I also guessed that the angle of the 19ft wakebooster is around 37 degrees open from rear line of the boat. If everything works out and performs as the prototypes I built, I can digitize an outline of the two sides of the angle and email to whomever is interested.

Erikw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Based off what I could gather from screen shots and scaling online pictures of the 19ft wakebooster, I think it's about 5 1/2" tall and roughly 17 1/2" wide. However, once I shaped mine to match the outline of the side of the boat when on the port or starboard sides, it end up being 19 1/2". I also guessed that the angle of the 19ft wakebooster is around 37 degrees open from rear line of the boat. If everything works out and performs as the prototypes I built, I can digitize an outline of the two sides of the angle and email to whomever is interested.
Hi is there any updates?
Super interested in this.

Tjlucas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did a terrible job of photo documentation, but here are a few snap shots my 11 year old took. We were going ropeless for sure. I need to do an R&D trip with a smaller group and try moving the ballast bag to each side vs having it centered on the higher level of the transom as we did this trip.

Attachments