• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SVHO Intercooler swap problem

JacksonvilleAR192

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The strange part is using the factory hose I get water out of that pisser. The new line (1/2 hose from autozone) on the left does not have anything coming out of that pisser. Its like there is no pressure on the left side. I disconnected the hose from the new pisser and it was dry until I dropped the hose to the ground and then water started slowly coming out.... very very light trickle.

At this point I am trying to figure out if I should just leave it the way that it is and take it out or install a Y connector to help with the pressure and cap off the new external pisser or try a 5/8 inch hose.

By the way “Thank you” for all of the feedback up to this point. I am sweating it with the big 3 day weekend coming up and I don’t want to get stranded with a boat full of people.

Seibert74

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Mine looks like that at idle as well. Take it to the lake, floor it, and watch the water blast out of both pissers!

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you check the automotive hose for any internal issues? All my water hoses are nylon braided see-through for piece of mind and ease of troubleshooting. I guess it could be possible that there is a partial blockage in the hose.

Don't worry, you know have flow now, and once the jet/impeller is the primary water source, there will be no worries or questions about whether there is flow. Just at idle, my boat flows at least 5 times what the flushing unit moves. You should see a tremendous amount of improvement with the dedicated line and svho intercooler, even if only one pisser is working.

Gerardo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I have an SVHO intercooler for sale if anyone is interested.