• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swap bench for Chair on AR195

Tigger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Open the rear seat above battery.
Reach up forward with your left hand and a nut driver and undo two nuts - if they haven’t already fallen out.

Pedrazaj1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello Everyone. Here is the update. Probably the easiest mod that I have ever done on this boat. Definitely the most expensive. lol The whole job took me approximately 45 minutes and that was taking my time. The good news is, there is definitely metal under the fiberglass. I think the worst part was cutting the carpet. Here are some pictures as promised. The last picture, I used a black marker to simulate the trim that is on the carpet.
Hello @dshscarab how is the seat holding on so far thank you in advance

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi. It is great. The wife likes it much better than the bench. No issues or problems so far. It makes the boat look better too in my opinion.

Pedrazaj1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi. It is great. The wife likes it much better than the bench. No issues or problems so far. It makes the boat look better too in my opinion.
Thank you so much I'm actually want to do the same, the price is significant more im looking at $1,200 from the same place you bought it. I hope the 2021 model have the same aluminum under the floor do you know ?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you so much I'm actually want to do the same, the price is significant more im looking at $1,200 from the same place you bought it. I hope the 2021 model have the same aluminum under the floor do you know ?
The passenger captains seat is the one and only reason we got the 195s. Enjoy- turning it around is about as good as having the bench. And much better ride for the wife turned foreword during rougher seas.

Pedrazaj1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The passenger captains seat is the one and only reason we got the 195s. Enjoy- turning it around is about as good as having the bench. And much better ride for the wife turned foreword during rougher seas.
Yes, I agree plus I have mount a speaker under the bench will be nice to hear it clear

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a complete driver's side captain's chair and pedestal to replace the bench on my 2019 AR195. I believe I have read on here that there is a metal plate under the port side so hopefully, I can drill and tap to mount it. I will post results.
What did you do with your bench seat.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you @Gunner. The chair, slider, pedestal (mount) and all Yamaha bolts (just to make life easier) cost me $798.00 from Babbits Online with shipping and tax. I had a discount coupon so basically tax and shipping was free. It is expensive but I already like it better.
Just a note for future purchases but in my long deal hunting experience, I've found that ronayers.com: Online Shopping Motorsports Parts has the cheapest price for Yamaha parts and accessories of any site. I used to use Babbits and Surdyke but even with the Babbits "Eddie15" coupon RonAyers is significantly less expensive for everything I've looked at and ordered and it's automatically free shipping over $129.

Seat looks great btw, nice work.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I love this mod. :winkingthumbsup"

One of the reasons the AR is on my list of new boats is the ability to make this change!

Jim

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just a note for future purchases but in my long deal hunting experience, I've found that ronayers.com: Online Shopping Motorsports Parts has the cheapest price for Yamaha parts and accessories of any site. I used to use Babbits and Surdyke but even with the Babbits "Eddie15" coupon RonAyers is significantly less expensive for everything I've looked at and ordered and it's automatically free shipping over $129.

have you tried partzilla cheapest site I found filler cushion on .

Seat looks great btw, nice work.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
have you tried partzilla cheapest site I found filler cushion on .
You're right, that's unusual but occasionally they have a higher discount. IIRC when I replaced the bimini top on my 2017 AR195 it was a few bucks cheaper on Partzilla as well.

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes they are cheeper. But also there stock seems to be very limited. Also try boats . Net

garyrose11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to assume the AR190 has the same metal plate ?!? I like this mod. Great job and thanks for the pics

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Great option for somebody looking for a ski tower and not the bimini, but not wanting to pay the 195s price.

frank salcid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Everyone. Here is the update. Probably the easiest mod that I have ever done on this boat. Definitely the most expensive. lol The whole job took me approximately 45 minutes and that was taking my time. The good news is, there is definitely metal under the fiberglass. I think the worst part was cutting the carpet. Here are some pictures as promised. The last picture, I used a black marker to simulate the trim that is on the carpet.
Out of curiosity, how did you decide on base placement and is it a large metal plate underneath? I know this is an older post, but I am getting ready to add a seat to my 2022 AR195, getting rid of the bench and I want to be sure I line it up correctly with the helm seat.