• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swim Deck Radio issues

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2017 242 Limited S e sries that I bought brand new in June 2018. We have about 35 hours on the boat. Knob has been real sticky and hard to turn since we've had it. Spray it down along with rest of the boat with Salt Away after every outing. Knob fell off today and looks exactly like these other pictures. Pretty crappy! Guess I'll be taking it back for replacement.
Yamaha will replace it once. I had mine replaced and its a pile of shit again. I cant turn knob so i just set the boat volume at about 75-80 and the turn it down on my phone (i use amazon music).

ddoll2k9

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you all for this thread. We bought a 2018 AR24o in June and our knob had started to corrode already. I was able to spray the Yamasheild spray and clean with a toothbrush. This will be regular maintenance from now on.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yikes, I noticed my knob was sticking a couple weeks ago, didn't think it would be something this bad. Another thing to add to the cleaning process.