• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Swim Deck Radio issues

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do you keep the rubber cover on it?

@Drift Away I think Yamaha put it on the lower swim deck so that if you are in the water you can still reach the controls without having to get up on the boat.
I saw this You Tube video by Rob not long after I bought mine. Although I do not operate in salt water, I did check and found no corrosion after the first season. That being said, I always travel with the rubber cover on. I believe that I read somewhere that the cover should be left on when travelling.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw this You Tube video by Rob not long after I bought mine. Although I do not operate in salt water, I did check and found no corrosion after the first season. That being said, I always travel with the rubber cover on. I believe that I read somewhere that the cover should be left on when travelling.
The dealer i got my boat at told me its only covered for the first year. Its a shity place to put something with that metal clip.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Watching this thread. Interestingly enough, I still have to scour the boat to be sure but I don't think we got a rubber cover for the swim deck remote, just the main Connext screen. I am not sure how to get one but want one so we can try to protect it!

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Watching this thread. Interestingly enough, I still have to scour the boat to be sure but I don't think we got a rubber cover for the swim deck remote, just the main Connext screen. I am not sure how to get one but want one so we can try to protect it!
I don't have a cover for the Connext screen - never got one with the boat. Should have I?

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't have a cover for the Connext screen - never got one with the boat. Should have I?
Others may chime in but I say absolutely. We should have both rubber covers. I have no idea how to obtain them but am going to ask our dealer (I think we may also be missing the little net that goes next to the first mate's chair but again, we haven't scoured every storage space yet but I should know for sure once I do tonight).

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Others may chime in but I say absolutely. We should have both rubber covers. I have no idea how to obtain them but am going to ask our dealer (I think we may also be missing the little net that goes next to the first mate's chair but again, we haven't scoured every storage space yet but I should know for sure once I do tonight).
I did not know there was a cover available for the Connext screen! Where can I get it, I want one.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
following, my 2016 did not come with one for connext. It did come with polk remote cover.

JoeMitchem

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Had no idea. Awesome unit with assignable ouputs. Being JL audio I bet this thing in built and tested very well
Just got done installing this head unit along with other JL equipment in a friend's boat. It's a very nice unit but does have a few oddities. We made it work and the end result is an excellent system.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got my new knob yesterday in the mail . Not a bad response time from them .

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Checked my swim deck radio tonight... boat is 6 months old. Worse than the original posters pic. Sigh. Packed it full of grease. My screen also quite frequently fills up with fog... thing is a POS.

Valions15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2017 242 Limited S e sries that I bought brand new in June 2018. We have about 35 hours on the boat. Knob has been real sticky and hard to turn since we've had it. Spray it down along with rest of the boat with Salt Away after every outing. Knob fell off today and looks exactly like these other pictures. Pretty crappy! Guess I'll be taking it back for replacement.