• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX192 Add access hatch to the helm compartment

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SX192 Adding Access Hatch To
Helm Compartment

This modification will probably work on the 190 series boats also, because I believe our hulls are exactly the same. The size access hatch I picked for my needs was the biggest found without going to a super size hatch. It's outer dimensions are, 12.875" x 16.875", inside dimensions are, 9.625" x 13.5". You might find a bigger one that will fit in that space, if you search around.

Joe
Joe,

I notice TL makes a 13x24 & 13x30 hatch. What the biggest you think will fit there comfortably ?

Joe Covelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 13x30 definately won't fit. The 13x24 looks doable if those dimensions are for the hole cut out, and you keep the door frame close to the floor. The real test will be when you have the door in your hands, and hold it up to the side wall. My uneducated guess is that it will work, but don't throw away the reciept.

Thank you for your service

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will the ski locker interfere with the larger door? I know with the 242 door, if it is open and folded back it keeps the ski locker from opening. That slight protrusion close to the floor could make a difference.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 13x24 looks doable if those dimensions are for the hole cut out, and you keep the door frame close to the floor. The real test will be when you have the door in your hands, and hold it up to the side wall. My uneducated guess is that it will work, but don't throw away the receipt.

Thank you for your service
My pleasure on the service :)

I know this will sound funny...but do you think the extra 7 inches of height would be beneficial..or just stay with the 17"?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will your grill fit through 13x24? Will it fit through 13x17? That could be the deciding factor.

Joe Covelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My pleasure on the service :)

I know this will sound funny...but do you think the extra 7 inches of height would be beneficial..or just stay with the 17"?
After reading the other comments, "Steined" brought up a valid point about the ski locker in the floor. I went out and looked at my boat again, and he is right. My new door is 2.5 to 3 inches off the floor, and the ski hatch clears it by only 1/4 inch. This means that the 13x24 hatch won't work because it will need to go close to the floor. It looks like you'll have to go the same route I did, and use the 13x17 hatch. It's not a real big opening but it allows access to a whole lot of usable storage space.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like you'll have to go the same route I did, and use the 13x17 hatch. It's not a real big opening but it allows access to a whole lot of usable storage space.
I ordered the 13 x 17 hatch yesterday. It will be here by Saturday!

Thanks!