• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the sale to get in on!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Sx195 power loss

Jarheadland

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m new to boating and appreciate the forum. We bought a 2020 SX195 about 10 weeks ago. For the last 2-3 weeks it has had a significant power loss at top end. My recent max rpm is ~5800. I have 39 hours on it. I changed the spark plugs and only gained about 200-300 rpms. Still well below what it should be. Checked all clean outs for blockage. When I go full throttle it acts like a governor and pulls back down. Any ideas?

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I’m new to boating and appreciate the forum. We bought a 2020 SX195 about 10 weeks ago. For the last 2-3 weeks it has had a significant power loss at top end. My recent max rpm is ~5800. I have 39 hours on it. I changed the spark plugs and only gained about 200-300 rpms. Still well below what it should be. Checked all clean outs for blockage. When I go full throttle it acts like a governor and pulls back down. Any ideas?
@Jarheadland ....do you have full range of your throttle....and is it activating at the engine? If not there are only two things I can think of that restrict RPM - choked airflow or choked/bad fuel. As has been suggested check oil level and better yet have the dealership water test it. :cool:

Jarheadland

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do have full range or throttle. I was able to confirm while on trailer. However, the throttle lever between 85% full to 100% full does not provide any additional power thrust. Seems that 85% throttle is the new full throttle.

ScottS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Where are you boating? (Elevation). What is the temperature difference from when you first got the boat and when you experience the worst loss of performance? I lose around 300-500 RPM from cool morning temps to daytime highs.

Edit: Also, have you had your 10-hour service?