• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

SX210 (2007) ECU fuse blown....

tony mikkelsen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am a relative newcomer to this forum so I hope I pose this question correctly. I have my SX210 2007 since new and the boat has been rock solid since I bought it - until yesterday when it has blew the 30 Amp fuse which is placed behind the screwcap on the ECU box. I replaced it with the spare 30 Amp fuse and it blew that as well... anyone have any good explanations to why this might be happening...?

We have been using the boat consistently and it has never before given us problems. I have changed oil, filters and sparkplugs regularly. I had to change the key assembly earlier this year, as one of the key blocks was broken, but that's literally the only 'non standard' maintenance issue I have had up to yesterday.

We took the boat out yesterday morning and everything worked great. We had a break of an hour or two where the boat was being battered a bit around by the waves but nothing serious and then when I wanted to start the engines again, the little bib that normally comes when you turn the key to the starboard engine to the middle position didn't sound and the engine didn't crank. The port engine started and was working normally.

I have been going through the A) Engine wont turn over at all tread and found the blown 30 Amp fuse - as mentioned - and it blew the spare one as well... any help to find out what could be behind this issue is very much appreciated...

It seems like you get a short to ground when you try to start it. It could be the starter relay grounds out or the positive cable to the starter is disconnected and grounded. Also, the starter motor may be shorted.

Last edited:
Thanks for the helpful information Wreks. Problem turned out to be slightly different. As I tried to see if it indeed was a starter relay, which it wasnt, I noted the fat pink cable going to the Rectifier and Regulator Assembly, so I switched the two between port and starboard engine and all of a sudden I had the problem on the other engine... problem found. It actually turned out that the backside Rectifier was broken....

Now I am waiting for a new part to arrive.... I actually ordered 2 while I was at it, one being shipped from China (Euro 27 incl shipping to Italy) an original OEM part from the US (more than Euro 300 incl fast shipping). The same part cost Euro 480 here in Italy but - believe it or not - they have closed the main parts center here in Italy for the next 2 weeks due to vacation....!!!! sometimes you just wonder... not only of the price difference but also of local vacation patterns...

As long as the other one is running strong and your batteries fully charged, as long as you disconnect the bad rectifier, I think you are good to use the boat on the mean time. Anybody opposed?

Back