• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 is gone??

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It might not be next year but I can't imagine they are going to ignore the market gap for long.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I drove a TR-1 yesterday. Ok the motor was on a sled, however I was very impressed. Low end torque was amazing and the sound was very impressive out of a 3 cylinder! Put on over a 100 miles and did not have to refuel. Yamaha PLEASE put 2 of these in a AR210, or 200, or 220.

yep. rode that motor in a bike. should be good. fully expect to see it in boats. and would be very interested in how that plays out. Also, might have said it before, but fingers are crossed for a 10 person capacity in this class of yamaha.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
yep. rode that motor in a bike. should be good. fully expect to see it in boats. and would be very interested in how that plays out. Also, might have said it before, but fingers are crossed for a 10 person capacity in this class of yamaha.
10 person capacity would be great!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Ok so I am looking at a AR190, 212X, and the AR240. How many 21's do you think they will sell this year as for 4,500 more you can buy a 24'? From the AR190 at 29,999 the 212x is 49,499. I'm sorry Yamaha this makes no sense. I'm not even throwing the AR192 in the mix as it eats fuel. I'm set on two engines with a tower in a 20', 21', or 22' but not at 49,499!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
TR-1 Update. Put on another 140 miles yesterday, I can't beleive this. I was on a new 15 Artic Cat Snow Pro (which has the Yamaha motor in it) and my my buddy has a new 800 2 stroke Snow Pro. The TR-1 is rated at 135 horse power, the 800 is rated at 160 horse power. Now granted my buddy has another 50 lbs on me. From a dead stop taking off they are basically identical, (not exactly sure up to what speed but we were moving) we did this several times. Also note they had identical tracks and again I can't get over the sound of the 3 cylinder. We switched sleds and even my buddy was like wow that sounds cool.