• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 is gone??

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like the SX210 is no more.... That's what i wanted before I compromised on a 190. Seemed like such a solid and affordable package with the non supercharged twin engines.
Now there is a gap between 30k and 45k.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe so. The 190 series got a lot of attention this year. I would not be surprised to see a new 21 or 22 foot boat next year and Yamaha settling on a 3 hull lineup.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe so. The 190 series got a lot of attention this year. I would not be surprised to see a new 21 or 22 foot boat next year and Yamaha settling on a 3 hull lineup.
4 hull lineup! You are forgetting the 28-30' cuddy with triple jets and bow thruster.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm disappointed as well! The price gap is bad:mad:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I wonder what actual sales are/were by unit. I cannot see them leaving this gap for long, I have not seen any AR or SX 210's anywhere, so what was made has to be real thin on inventory.... however I can see them phasing out the MR1 engines in favor of the 1.8 fleet wide and that is exactly what they have done. I also do not see a super charged twin in the future, its not a big enough gain vs economy lost to be a good seller in my opinion coming from the SC AR192 to my 212X. More bang, more room etc and I dont burn as much fuel as I did with the 192 and I do a lot more with the X with a lot more people.

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I was actually told once by a engineer or whatever at the last boat show that the supercharged 1.8's weren't worth putting into the double engine boats because they suck too much gas for what they gain you. Just like the supercharged Scarabs. 500 hp and 62 mph top speed (roughly) doesn't seem worth it for them. There is efficiency losses with superchargers.

I will tell you, from my research, if you wanna go fast, you need to go get yourself a non-stepped catamaran about 26 foot, with a couple TURBOCHARGED 1.8's and 160mm pumps. So like 600 hp and that setup should get you into the 70's. But lets be realistic. If you want to go places, you should be in a 28-30' catamaran with a couple v8's or turbo v6's and some berkely or hamilton pumps and you should have about 800 hp and 90's easily. Just sayin.
OR, how about a basic cruiser cat with twin jets? You know, the type that has a top speed like 40 mph and will cruise to the bahamas without any issue at all. A couple 1.8's and our typical pumps with pitch like 12/18 should put a good 28' boat into that range and get great economy.
Ok... dreamin aside for now...

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
From what I heard from reliable sources the smaller 1100 motors were not EPA compliant and Yamaha had through 2015 to get them there which I guess by seeing the absence of the 21 foot base models they opted to phase out the older motors. Also I have heard from dealers that the base model 21 footers did not sell well. People tend to go entry level or biggest. The middle ground was a tough sell and dealers did not order that many of them from Yamaha while doing their dealer show orders.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Makes sense, thanks for the insight Will. I definitely see more 190s and 240s on the lake, just such a good price point and overall size. I was really hoping to see some sound deadening, upgraded controls and tower on the 210s in 2016. Guess we'll see what 2017 holds for that size.

So all that being said I guess that just makes my AR210 more valuable, right!?
Put it on Craigslist as a "limited edition" or something when I go to sell it... :winkingthumbsup"

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I gotta reluctantly agree with @RightStuff. I see mostly 24's on my lake and one or two 19's. But I've also seen plenty of low hours 19's for sale. Have those owners jumped straight to 24 footers? I know I'm campaigning hard for the sx/ar210, but that $45,999 entry level price is killin' me! lol

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
The 21's will come back next year with the new TR-1 engines I'm sure... but if any one wants a 210 we have both colors of both models in stock!! DEALS DEALS DEALS!!

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm putting my money on @B_Mutter's post.. That TR-1 engine is much smaller, lighter and more powerful. It'd make perfect sense to put it in the 210. It'd be a lighter boat than the 240 combined with lighter engines, better mpgs and pull for tow sports. Plus, a 21' boat is easier to fit in a garage... Lastly, here in FL, some of the lakes I want to boat on are capped at 22'.

I'm all about getting the most out of your vessel. Something sounds so cool about twin TR-1 engines in a 2017 AR210 with a forward swept tower. #YesPlease

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Something sounds so cool about twin TR-1 engines in a 2017 AR210 with a forward swept tower. #YesPlease
With NO RUDDER, mechanical controls and a FOLDING Bimini that works with that sweet forward swept tower! :winkingthumbsup"
Let's keep those costs down Yamaha!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Come on Yamaha bring back the AR210 with the TR-1's, that is suppose to be my next year purchase! For anyone on a budget this is the perfect boat.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh man, if they do a forward swept tower and twin tr-1's in a 210 it will be all over. I didn't know anything about the tr-1 until this thread, so I did some reading. Sounds like a winner to me!

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone think with the TR-1-s being more compact that we might see twins in the 19 and the 1.8 supercharged discontinued? As the fuel economy in the supercharged is not there as well as the main reason I'm looking at going bigger is for the 2 motors (really just for water sports). Also I feel that the twin engines improve slow speed maneuvering.
I doubt it. You would have to redesign the boat for twin engines. It would be costly to manufacture two different hulls just for the 19 ft boats.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here are some great images of the TR-1 from FLIBS.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskpWfWZ3

Looks like it is 20% stronger and also lighter than the MR-1.

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My one question is how the TR-1s will take to people adding ballast to their boats and wakesurfing?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Since wake surfing is done at low speeds I imagine a boat with twin TR-1's could serve as a wake surf platform. Jet boats have loads of low end torque. Since the TR-1 is lighter and stronger one could speculate that better power to weight ratio would make it perform better than the most recent 210 models.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I drove a TR-1 yesterday. Ok the motor was on a sled, however I was very impressed. Low end torque was amazing and the sound was very impressive out of a 3 cylinder! Put on over a 100 miles and did not have to refuel. Yamaha PLEASE put 2 of these in a AR210, or 200, or 220.