• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 Stereo Build Thread

Coryd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No depth issues, those were M770s so you can use that as depth reference.

That will be one loud boat. Got a build thread going?
Cool, thanks again.

It's already pretty damn loud but got an awesome deal on these 8.8's so had to squeeze them in somewhere. I never got around to doing a build thread but wish I would have. After these 8.8's go in, my complete setup will be:

• 4 Fusion Signature 7.7's inside
  • 4 Fusion Signature 7.7's on the tower
  • 2 Fusion Signature 8.8's on the swim deck
  • 3 Fusion Signature 10" subs
  • 3 Rockville amps
    • 2 channel 2400W powering two of the subs
    • 4 channel 1600W powering the two 8.8's and one sub (bridged channels 3-4)
    • 8 channel 1500W powering the 7.7's
  • DS18 6 channel crossover
I know a lot of people talk shit about the Rockville amps but I've had them in the boat for 2 years with no problems and they provide a ton of power for damn cheap.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How did the 7.7s work on the inside? Need spacers?

Coryd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did the 7.7s work on the inside? Need spacers?
No spacers, I just aligned the tops of the larger holes for the 7.7's with the tops of the factory holes and enlarged down from there. The tops of the speakers are super close to the cushions but there was plenty of space on the sides and bottom and it still looks clean, not crammed.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Pics when you have a chance!

Coryd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any issues with the back deck speakers getting submerged? I considered putting a couple back there but was convinced then that it was a bad idea (someone said theirs didn't last long back there).

Coryd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any issues with the back deck speakers getting submerged? I considered putting a couple back there but was convinced then that it was a bad idea (someone said theirs didn't last long back there).
I just installed them so no issues yet. I don’t use any ballast so I’ve never had a ton of water come up on the swim deck or had it submerged. Most of the water that will get on them will be from climbing in and out, which will be fine. I put silicone around each hole for a better seal. And the tweeters are stainless so they should be good.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
they don’t get submerged but they will see a lot of water. If it’s fresh water only I wouldn’t stress it

akatrauma

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How do those Fusion speakers sound? I have a bunch getting ready to go into my boat.

Coryd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do those Fusion speakers sound? I have a bunch getting ready to go into my boat.
They sound awesome. Mids and highs are super clear with good power going to them. The external crossover really makes the difference though.