• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 Stereo Build Thread

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Had a few extra minutes tonight, so tested out some speaker foam I grabbed from work. It's not the prettiest thing, but it works. The speaker covers now pressure fit against the speakers. I held it up side down and shook it for bit and gave it a few light hits to see if the cover would come off, and it seemed fine. It is also important to note that the foam should help prevent any water get to the speakers if the rear deck for whatever reason gets submerged. The covers are still ugly for now, but by the time I am done they should look pretty good. The important thing is that they are now functional and have passed basic testing for me lol.

Attachments

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very interesting approach....how much of a diff does the foam make covering the speaker?

Cant wait to see how it turns out...love the ingenuity.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What do you mean exactly? Before I added the foam, the cover was loose and would fall right off the speaker. With the foam it allows it pressure fit onto the speaker so it stays in place.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your covering a speaker with foam to prevent water from damaging it since it will likely spend some time getting wet right?

So I'm asking what the foam does in terms of muffling the sound...I think you opted not to move them up higher and cut the cushion so I'm tryn to picture how those covers will allow the sound through. The approach is interesting and was wondering how much of the sound will actually pass thru.

Will you only leave the covers on when your on the water, or these stay on?

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Benny Sibbitt is that cover in the FB post mean to just keep the speaker dry and covered, or is it to let sound out....imagine not.

This is what I was interested in, to see how a cover would allow the sound out.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Your covering a speaker with foam to prevent water from damaging it since it will likely spend some time getting wet right?

So I'm asking what the foam does in terms of muffling the sound...I think you opted not to move them up higher and cut the cushion so I'm tryn to picture how those covers will allow the sound through. The approach is interesting and was wondering how much of the sound will actually pass thru.

Will you only leave the covers on when your on the water, or these stay on?
These covers will be on when the speakers are not in use. They are meant to keep the speaker dry while losing or under way.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Interesting
Can’t wait to see finished product

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well my quick connect plugs saved the day yesterday. I was not getting sound when we got underway, took a quick look and just determined to run factory power until I got home. It really sucks going back to non-amplified but better than no sound, so I am very happy I put those in. Got home and found an issue with my relay that triggers the amp turn on. I have never seen this before but the relay triggers and then shut offs. Voltage is fine at all 3 connectors. I ran a jumper from the 12v constant to the remote in for the time being. The only thing I can think of is a bad connection or something weird going on with remote output from the radio, as I tried two different relays. Not a big deal though as if I have the power switched on, then the amps will be on, but I prefer for it to be triggered by radio.

I am also still getting a ground noise through the speakers. I believe this is not stereo related, as my buzzer has had a constant whine through it since I took delivery of the boat. I also have tried every single trick in the book as far stereo ground issues. @Mainah has suggested some tricks I will try out. I am 99% confident if I find the the source of the noise coming from the buzzer, that will fix the noise from the speakers.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am also still getting a ground noise through the speakers. I believe this is not stereo related, as my buzzer has had a constant whine through it since I took delivery of the boat.
It's the blower.
(I'm completely serious. Easy to test, lol, just turn it off - push the blower switch on and then off after you start)

--

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It's the blower.
(I'm completely serious. Easy to test, lol, just turn it off - push the blower switch on and then off after you start)

--
Even in accessory? So turn the blower on and then off to see if it goes away?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am still really torn on the swim deck speakers. I might build a box to set them there and test it to see how they sound. Would love to hear some input from the guys that have put them there.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am still really torn on the swim deck speakers. I might build a box to set them there and test it to see how they sound. Would love to hear some input from the guys that have put them there.
Maybe some kind of kick panel up top to keep them away from the water

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Between depth and diameter it would be a pretty large enclosure.. at that point might as well copy you!

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I say do what @Drift Away way did...no cutting cushion and sound projects well.

He seems to really like the outcome and it def beefs up the sound from the transom.

What part are you torn on? Cutting any part of the botlat is def scary.

What's the other options your pondering?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just how is it going to sound. I think it will be alright for current needs, as a lot of time we hang out in waist deep water so we would almost level with the speakers.

Other options: Get a tower and go with the 11" Kicker horns lol. That is not in the budget for this year though.