• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 Stereo Build Thread

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great thread! Are running all this off the stock head unit?

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_0463.JPG Does the 210 have a radio remote at the swim deck? I cut holes for speakers on my 240 today and cut through that wire 3 TIMES! There's no way to see back there so you're cutting blind. I blame @Drift Away . If it wasn't for hearing his radio 3 sandbars away I wouldn't have speaker envy...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 69891 Does the 210 have a radio remote at the swim deck? I cut holes for speakers on my 240 today and cut through that wire 3 TIMES! There's no way to see back there so you're cutting blind. I blame @Drift Away . If it wasn't for hearing his radio 3 sandbars away I wouldn't have speaker envy...
You must have modified that cushion, right? Looks great! Is this a JL MX650? How does it sound? Can you compare it to the DB651?

Is this the wire? lol I came so close but got lucky.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 69891 Does the 210 have a radio remote at the swim deck? I cut holes for speakers on my 240 today and cut through that wire 3 TIMES! There's no way to see back there so you're cutting blind. I blame @Drift Away . If it wasn't for hearing his radio 3 sandbars away I wouldn't have speaker envy...
Lol. Looks great. Who did your seats?

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You must have modified that cushion, right? Looks great! Is this a JL MX650? How does it sound? Can you compare it to the DB651?

Is this the wire? lol I came so close but got lucky.
Yeah I had a local place trim the Cushion back and restich it. It really looks factory.
The speaker is a JL MX770. I haven't wired them yet as I'm waiting for the new remote extension wire to come. Hopefully this weekend...

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No wired remote for me, and yes factory Infinity stereo. Probably next year I will upgrade to the Kicker media center with a swim deck remote. My deck speakers will be lower than that though. I plan on building custom covers that will attach with magnets for the speakers, this way when underway and while washing the boat, they are protected.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I also would like to add that with my dremel - I set depth to the exact thickness of the fiberglass... this way I have zero worries about cutting wires.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the exact thickness of the fiberglass...
Well, there is no such thing as the exact thickness with the yammie hull/inner shell, LOL, and they glue the cable to it. But it is a good idea. Most members here use the cheapo kit from HF which works well, I use it with a shop vac to minimize the mess.

--

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Meh - I ball parked to be honest lol. I had the HF kit but couldn't find a circle jig for it. Suppose you could make one, but with the Dremel 3000, circle jig, and carbide tip I was under $100 for a perfect circle on a single pass.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
THAT'S IT! How the heck did they even get it there?
If one is super nimble the drink holder holes provide some access. Gives nice red bumps to forearms, too.

--

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its all fun and games till @wallacerb figuers out how to put 8.8s back their

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Don't tempt me lol... 8.8s on that swim deck would be insane. I don't think they will fit diameter or depth though.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe there's room for 8.8s in the 240. I haven't seen the 210 swim deck.

I contacted ASA Electronic support and explained My situation for the remote cord. The new cord is in the mail free of charge... Outstanding customer service!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
When I get some free time I need to unscrew the area around the plugs and see if I can gauge depth.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Didn't get much done this week, boat is getting its first service and some warranty work.

My BoatBuckles arrived, and I started up to wire up my power pack for the M770s or M880s, whatever I end up going with.

IMG_0337.JPG

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Ended up deciding to sell the powerpack and go with a Kicker PXA300.4 About the same footprint, but bridged I will get 60 more watts per channel for the M770s. Found some M770s on thehulltruth and they should be here this week. I think I have decided to have my seats modified so the speakers aren't getting tore up by salt water, so now onto the search for a shop to do that.

Also got the boat buckles on. Tried to use the bolts they camewith... BAD idea. One got stuck so bad I spent 30 minutes trying to get it off and finally just hacksawed the bolt off. Went to homedepot and spent $3 on galvanized bolts... installed buckles in 5 minutes after that.

Last edited:

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Once I get my cover off, i want to see if altering the side rear seats is an option or just completely removing them.(I plan on putting speakers here as well)

Those side seats don’t seem that big especially if you plan on putting 7.7’’ speakers there.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I plan on taking them off hopefully Thursday, I will let you know my thoughts.