• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 Stereo Build Thread

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well... wasn't planning on adding a second sub. eBay has 20% off right now and I put in an offer for $250 for shits and gigs on a second IB5 and it got accepted. Didn't really want to spend the money but for $100 off ... whatever lol.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Power it off the same sub amp?

Can never have to much bass...I got 2 12s and my buddy's boat with 4 12s make me envious sometimes.

Where you gonna install it ?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yep same amp... the 500.1 puts out 250@4 and 500@2... so will just wire in parallel and install right next to the other one.

I also have some cool stuff coming from rear deck speakers hopefully this week.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
did you ever get your M770s installed.....I know you got a pair that was just the mid-woofer, no tweeter and thought you go another set...where did you end up installing them.

When I was out for memorial day I was beach along a area of the river that got a lot of activity, the wake was brutal on the back end causing the speakers to get wet some...more than I expected...they worked fine, but I know you were toying with keeping them low on the deck. I saw a 212 limited with the stock transom speakers and modified cushion and it looked good.

When I installed my new M770s my upholsterer cut it to long so I need him to trim another inch or so off for them to clear. Should have pics in a few weeks on the final install.

Look fwd to seeing the updates you have.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah I got another set - not installed though. One of the speakers is currently with a family member that has a 3d printer.... hope to have everything back by Friday.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So got the speakers in and a sneak peak of the covers.

BC7C7EE0-FC3D-46E0-A258-9FB586088154.jpeg 3F3388DE-0FD1-4904-85DE-979D5786AB95.jpeg D9BFB001-18AD-4704-9939-9F2ED1C0E09D.jpeg

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the covers help block out potential water intrusion? Very smart idea!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yes they will snap on and cover the speakers until we are at our destination.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s ideal! Are you planning separate volume control fro those swim deck speakers?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
That’s ideal! Are you planning separate volume control fro those swim deck speakers?
Right now they are the only speakers on the rear output, so I just need to fade it to the rear. The radio is a bit complicated to use so I may install some knobs to control the level.s

After a weekend of having them out - it has one of the best mods I have done. Sound off the boat is improved tremendously and I can fade it so I can crank it outside the boat and keep it normal level for anyone inside the boat.

I will say I still have not heard the boat on the water at full tilt. At about 75% it is enough to drown out the wind and engine noise at full throttle... and too many people stay inside the boat to crank it all the way.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For any one thinking about the rear deck speakers - do it. We are playing music a good 50 yards away and they make a world of a difference, even with 50 other boats playing music.

Same for the Kicker amps. Boy do they get hot, but I wouldn't expect anything else for the power they put out in their size and no heat sink. However they never skipped a beat after several hours of jamming.

Matthew Langkau

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For any one thinking about the rear deck speakers - do it. We are playing music a good 50 yards away and they make a world of a difference, even with 50 other boats playing music.

Same for the Kicker amps. Boy do they get hot, but I wouldn't expect anything else for the power they put out in their size and no heat sink. However they never skipped a beat after several hours of jamming.
I bought speakers to do the same rear deck speakers you installed. After seeing your set up with the covers you made, it makes me nervous now with the speakers being there. I will not have covers for mine, so in our opinion do you think it would still be a good idea? Is there a good amount of water that gets up that far to the speakers. I have never noticed since I am always driving the boat! Thanks!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well they do get some water for sure.

I haven’t used the covers at all honestly. Maybe laziness I guess. But with a good amount of salt water coming up on the speakers, I haven’t had any issues. I always rinse when back home though.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
How are the Kicker amps holding up? I'm researching amps and came across the PXA300.4s and this is the only thread that talks about them. You did mention they get hot but how are they working?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Kicker amps have been doing great. The heat hasn't been issue. I am never allowed to really crank it for a few hours non-stop so I haven't had a really abusive test yet though.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just installed one of the Kicker 300.4s to run my tower speakers in place of a Class A/B amp that was sucking down my electrons. Sounds great, friggin TINY, but yeah - its gets hot.

Coryd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I know this is a super old thread but I'm about to do this on my AR210 and haven't pulled the clean out hatch yet to get a good look in there. Is that foam behind the first hole you cut?
Yes there is foam behind there. One of these speakers actually had the salt water rust out the tweeter. I would advise against this install, especially since you have an AR210. Put some speakers on the tower instead.

Coryd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes there is foam behind there. One of these speakers actually had the salt water rust out the tweeter. I would advise against this install, especially since you have an AR210. Put some speakers on the tower instead.
Thanks. Were there any clearance issues other than the foam?

I already have 4 speakers on the tower :) I'm putting Fusion Signature 8.8's in that spot. They have a stainless tweeter so I'll take my chances with the corrosion.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No depth issues, those were M770s so you can use that as depth reference.

That will be one loud boat. Got a build thread going?