• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tachometer not available 2012 Yamaha 242.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I opened up rear of my gauge and found the problem. ordered a new one different year gauge an the software is different. now do I try an get software change on the gauge or maybe I can just unplug the rear circuit board and swap with new one?
They need to be matching sets.

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so no one has ever changed out just one? or ended up repair one

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so no one has ever changed out just one? or ended up repair one
If it was the same part number. I have not heard of anyone repairing them. Someone reached out to the manufacture a while back looking for the rubber buttons but that was all.
What is the number on the back of yours ? Here is an example of matching tachs.Tach.jpg

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok, i am goint to try and swap just the rear curcuit bord from the new gauge to the old gauge. i cant find any new or used gauges that will work.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the number on the back of your tach ?

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That second pic looks to be the speedometer. Front.jpgBack.jpgCan you return the new tach before you take it apart ? I have a feeling it won't work since that piece also has a specific part tag on it also.

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes i can return it, you have a few laying around? anything that will work? lol.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That back section came from a parts tach. You can try it and if it works I will give you a good deal on it.

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i will send u a pm. thanks. and can up date everyone if this works.

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
swapped out the back circuit board and it worked, numbers were different but its all good to go, so i am sure the CPU is in the front section of the gauge. so no software issues with the swap. Thanks to a member on here who lent me a used board to try out. Will know for sure in summer,

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As a follow-up to my prior comment you may want to try to contact Yuri..who is the owner of BestPixelRepair.com (he lives in the town over in NC) for a potential repair.

He did some work repairing an instrument cluster for me on a BMW...cleaning up oxidation from a leaking capacitor and creating new traces/jumpers, and resoldering new capacitors. I mentioned to him the challenges us as owners of older Yamaha Jetboats are having with some of our gauges. He said it may be interesting in trying to fix them. It may be worth calling him to discuss options...maybe repair is possible. Just a thought....good luck.