• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Taking a leak in public...

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some ideas from what I have noticed with my boat so far:
  • Anchor drain fix.. known problem and everyone should check this.
  • Drain plug - clean it up and remove any debris. Get a new O ring, grease, and set it tight for each outing
  • The design - the bilge is set up to drain the engine compartment and doesn't really address keeping the bilge dry unless the bilge comes up to the point where it gets high enough to reach the engine compartment. I have cleaned out my boat with the drain plug in and the bilge pump never goes off. I then pull the plug and gallons come out..... so, water that gets into the boat via the ski compartment, anchor, and other goes down to the bilge area which is well below the bilge pump.... Really. I am probably going to install a 2nd bilge that actually sits in the bilge
  • Rear clean out tray/inspection - water can definitely come through here. People have worked on sealing better but having a 2nd pump would address this
  • Cleats and rub rails - always suspect and you can chase each of these or add a bilge
I think some of this has to do with surfing, weight on rear deck, and/or lot's of wet people on board. I have had many outings with zero water but recently had an outing in rough water (no water sports), and we had a bit of water in the bilge that only came out when removing the drain plug.

#Yamaha - put a bilge pump in the bilge in upcoming models