• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tampa

H2Oload

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are vacationing near Tampa next week with our boat. Where should we visit that with kids? I'd like to take them to some neat places to snorkel or visit. Eggmont Key is already on the list, any other ideas?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Google Shell Key

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you put in at down town Clearwater you can head North starting with Honeymoon Island next Three Rooker, next Anclote key with lighthouse and finally Anclote Sand Bar. Be careful if you are drinking the new push for the area I'd DWI or boating while intoxicated. Lots of marine patro, fish and wildlife as well as sheriffs boats out.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Remember eggmont key also has a cobblestone bath you and the family can explore as well.
Best boat ramp is just before you get toSunshine skyway bridge. It has large slips and the ramp s situated inside a quite little (no wake Zone).
Best boat ramp North is down town Clearwater large ramps but is cramped when putting I also has free boat wash. Bring your own hose

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you are here send me a private message and I'll be glad to send you my number for other areas.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Bring an umbrella the rain has been just ridiculous I managed to get 2 hours in yesterday, Last Sunday I gave up and turned around went back home. They predict more rain tomorrow and Sunday.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
just in case you don't get to see the water here is a look at tampa bay area

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We drove through a lot of that rain today and are hoping to see Hope and Winter tomorrow. Our kids are really excited. I will post about the experience. It looks like parking at the Clearwater Aquarium with a boat and trailer is going to be interesting.

Does anyone know how much a 6 mile taxi ride is in Clearwater?

H2Oload

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @Jerry Ferrera. We are keeping the boat in water on Anna Marie Island.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
All I can say is Ybor was a great place for the night life. I did some boating in Teresea Bay and they used to have a sand bar by the skyway that the nudests would flock too... Just pointing that out :) The better beaches and diving were south by Sarasota and my favorite was down by Boca Grande but that is a run from there.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our kids really enjoyed the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. They have their sea turtle recovery area open for viewing, three Dolphins, two tanks of Rays, and a few otters. The animal care is prioritized over the viewing experience. We were able to park with the boat on a nearby street. It is very well marketed with more hype than substance but my family enjoyed the movie angle. You can experience the entire aquarium facility in two hours. We are headed to the movie set now. Admission was $80 for our family of four. They got us for another $60 for a Winter shaped flash drive with 6 photos on it.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Another place your kids and you may really like and enjoy is MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry) in Tampa. Neat place!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would avoid the movie props portion of the Clearwater Marine Aquarium unless you are really into seeing props. The hurricane experience is cool for about a minute. Otherwise it is just props, pictures from the movie and additional opportunities to sell stuff.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
here is a video I did a week ago before all this rain,
I was out all day today dodging all the rain, I did managed to stay out of most of it.

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow I know this is way late (just became a member) but I'm throwing this in there for anyone stumbling across this thread in the future. You can usually boat up to the Island Way Grille right next door to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Not only is it a really great place to eat but last time I tied up there the girl tending bar joked that one of the boats had been there a few months and nobody seemed to care. Trailering a boat thru busy Clearwater Beach streets can be a hassle, I say put it in and float over... Way more convenient and epically cool for the kids to learn about marine life and then go see it first hand! Aquarium is great and should take about 4 hrs max if you really stop and read everything. After that go north up the ICW and stumble across great beaches at Caladessi, Honeymoon, 3 Rooker or Anclote Key.