• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

tannerite fun !!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For the shooters out there.....if you haven't shot a container of Tannerite yet...DO IT ..
Tannerite :
http://www.tannerite.com/ two stable binaries that when mixed, and hit with a high velocity round...report back nicely.

I think its also made of 10% sheriff attractant !!

we shot a few containers, about 50 yards out, you could feel it..BIG FUN
1 shot was on the spindle below, this was a 2 pounder. 1 one pounder on top of a drywall bucket Vaporized the bucket.....followed by some tree pruning.....

my son thinks it could be an effective fishing tool !!

upload_2014-3-11_8-16-1.png

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks like a lot of fun! The 10% sheriff attractant is probably a lot higher the closer you get to a big city :jimlad:

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Me and a few buddies shot some tannerite in November. Put a fair amount in a pumpkin and then shot it. Was hysterical. Part of the pumpkin was 50 feet up in a tree. Try shooting it in the dark with a night vision scope....also fun....just make sure you're way out in the country. Neighbors don't typically appreciate it :)

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Me and a few buddies shot some tannerite in November. Put a fair amount in a pumpkin and then shot it. Was hysterical. Part of the pumpkin was 50 feet up in a tree. Try shooting it in the dark with a night vision scope....also fun....just make sure you're way out in the country. Neighbors don't typically appreciate it :)
That's great !! we were considering targets; A watermelon came to mind. One of the charges we hit with a tracer round as dusk closed in. One of my son's friends wanted to crack a round off at one.....I handed him my beloved M1.......poor kid, He was warned it was a bit bigger than a .22......Ka-freakin-POW !!

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have definitely done that before...

Blowing stuff up is fun!
'

I think this was a pumpkin filled with tannerite.

Used to have some fun times shooting some pretty cool weapons with a group down here....

Suppressed AR

Tommy gun.

Uzi

Suppressed HK

GemBob

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Het Detonate, I'm thinking about buying a .338 Lapua for long distance shooting...do you have any thoughts or suggestions? Pros or cons?

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm really not the right person to ask. I'm not much of a gun nut.

Love shooting, I'm an excellent marksman, but I don't keep up with all the techie details. I already have too many expensive hobbies...

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Het Detonate, I'm thinking about buying a .338 Lapua for long distance shooting...do you have any thoughts or suggestions? Pros or cons?
CON: $$$$$ per round!!!! I shot a Barrett .338 recently with fairly expensive ammo....$6/round. Yes, you can get it cheaper....but you're still shooting away a gallon of gas for the boat per round :)

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL, that stuff is a lot of fun. I picked up some Southern Thunder recently for some Xmas fun at my sisters. Tried filming it while the girls were shooting but I got tired of holding the camera. Gave up on them and shot it myself. What a hoot!!! Our goal was to take an old tree down. It won't be going anywhere soon. :):)

GemBob, lots of options out there but my buddy has a Sig .308 w/scope that is real nice for some long range shooting. A bit cheaper on ammo too. Something to consider..

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
7mm Mag, 300 Win Mag few others that will get you out quite a ways. How far are you looking to shoot? The Barrett I shot was advertised as shooting 6" groups a 1.5miles. I don't ever plan on hunting anything at that distance. On the east coast, I'm hunting with a 30-06....it's good up to 500 yards and I doubt I'll ever need it beyond 100 - 150. Too many hills and trees where we hunt. If I can't see where the bullet will end up I won't take the shot....so even 500 yards is overkill for me.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Stopped by a new local firearms dealer last weekend. Dude had a 10 pound container of Tanenrite. $80 !!!! intended for "beaver damns"............need to go find a beaver damn now

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless you have a ton of disposable cash .338 Lapua is not a great way to go due to the cost. Unless you are a VERY serious shooter who has the time to practice and the range to reach out beyond 1000 Yards it is overkill. You might want to check out www.snipershide.com for more detailed information. This rig (Savage 110BA in .308) can ring steel at 1000 yards every time.

Not that I am speaking from experience or anything. . . cause you know, with guns being evil and all I would never own one.

Attachments

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a Savage 110 in .308. Won first place in the last 1000 yard shoot I was in with it. Great gun. Also have the Savage 6.5x284, also very good 1000 yard gun. Unless you plan to shoot a moose at a grand, its not worth the cost. Just the two cents of a retired shooter.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am told that this coin was hit with 2 Shots at 200 yards with the very 110BA shown above. . . . Supposedly, it was a cold bore shot which was the first hit to the right, then the follow up shot which entered at an angle due to the 1st shot twisting the coin into the wood it was mounted to.

This all allegedly occurred, according to someone else who isn't me, since I wasn't there, because I don't like guns, because they are evil.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fun!!!!!! Here is my experience with it. This was at a friends ranch. We set it in the doorway and shot through the window do a very old house. Sorry for the quality of the video. It was taken on an iPhone.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am told that this coin was hit with 2 Shots at 200 yards with the very 110BA shown above. . . . Supposedly, it was a cold bore shot which was the first hit to the right, then the follow up shot which entered at an angle due to the 1st shot twisting the coin into the wood it was mounted to.

This all allegedly occurred, according to someone else who isn't me, since I wasn't there, because I don't like guns, because they are evil.

Um, tell whoever it was, ....nice.

:cool:

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
'Guns are evil" lol Devil dog..