• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texoma Aug 15-16

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That looks to be enough for me. Are you bring more for everyone else?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That's great! Did you get the one up the road from Buncombe Creek? I just thought about Cedar Mills too.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes Texoma cabins. They have a place for the trailer and we are renting a slip.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Look forward to meeting you!

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just booked our cabin this morning. We should be leaving around 4. We are looking forward to meeting everyone!
very cool, This will make Travis happy, he want's a overload of okies! And the rest of us to meet new members

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
BlacklimitedS are you going to make supper at BG's?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We Okies need to kick butt in numbers.

Hmmm, I was going to ask @ctronz if he was going to be down there too. But his user name isn't popping up. I wonder if he left the forum?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ohhhh - thanks Mel.

I just texted him too.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is everyone getting a slip at Buncombe? I thought I'd decide Saturday when I get there to leave the boat in the water or trailer it for the night and save a 20. Plan to be on the water before lunch on Saturday. Can't wait! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I haven't decided yes or no on a slip. I do sleep a lot better when I know my boat is on dry land though....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I was hoping we narrow down the evening activities.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We would like to meet for dinner on Friday. I am hoping to get out of town by 3 but it seems we never leave on time. We will also be traveling through OKC during rush hour. Where is BG's? I am hoping to get the boat in the slip before dinner. When I booked the cabin they told me the trailer would be fine but requested a slip for the boat. Plus I took it out yesterday and did not have time to clean it. I would hate to make a bad first impression with a boat full of water spots!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome!

BG's is right on the outskirts of Kingston. On the map, it is about where the g or s in Kingston is.

untitled.JPG

Chris Tronzano

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Buncombe has a good ramp with plenty of overnight trailer storage. The over night slips are good but some are tight and tricky to get into.

If you make it out to wood island check out our glass disposal buckets. There is a ton of broken glass on all the islands. I recommend everyone wear lake shoes. My daughter has to have service hours for middle school so we started a program to help collect broken glass. We cleared the installation of the buckets with the corp. They are also supposed to be monitoring them to see if they are successful. We installed 3 buckets last weekend. We will see if people use them.

Check out our Facebook page @ clean the beach texoma.

Attachments

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Anything we can help with?
I was trying to get a handle on what the actual plans were being considered. Like I said previously, we are not planning to cook, just get a bite at the Anchor Inn on Saturday evening. And if they close at 9, we will come in early enough to clean up and go eat. Clara doesn't do well in the heat, so I don't know how long or well, she will last. We have a college buddy and his wife coming out on Saturday and they will want to be dropped back at the marina around 4 to 5, so I don't know if we will go in or come back out after dropping them. What I was mainly wondering, was if we were planning to get together and visit after dinner, or if that had kind of fallen off for Saturday.

I always love a slip vs trailering every evening, especially when they are nice slips like at Buncombe. It makes the short stay so much nicer. The transient slips are larger and easier to get in than the guest slips. The 23' boat will stick out at least a foot on the guest slips. The gate locks and you have better security than other marinas we have been to.