• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texoma Gathering 2017 July 22nd and Aug 12

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ugh, that's painful to watch. I can only imagine how you all feel.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@farrelltravis @Jebinok @DCB-270 @Cory @txav8r @maboat @Detonate
Thanks guys! We really appreciate the thoughts, prayers and offers. That really means a lot to us. There's not a whole lot any of us can do except wait to see what the marina is gonna do about this mess and how my insurance is gonna handle it. My insurance agent actually docks right across from us and was sending me pics of the ordeal before we got there. He is in the next boathouse so he still has his boat.

The only injuries occurred to the mechanic where the fire started. From what I hear he burned his hands badly.

The good news is that none of us or any of our friends from the dock were hurt. The other good thing is we still have our Yamaha. Thankfully it was parked in its garage at home.

As of right now we have plans to at the gathering this weekend. We have friends on another dock that have offered space on their boat for us to stay. We want to be close to the goings on in the marina this weekend and we need some boating therapy. We will invite them to the gathering on Saturday for sure. They will either ride with us or bring their cruiser. I'll try and keep you posted @Jebinok .

Thanks again guy and we're looking forward to seeing everyone.
Oh yea, yes by all means tell your friends to join us all is welcome,

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can't wait to see everyone soon.

@PEARCE , I just called my insurance company to increase our coverage on our cruiser. Seeing what happened to yall made this pretty real for us. I still can't believe it happened to yall. Out of all the marinas on Texoma, and out of all the docks at Highport.....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@farrelltravis , be sure you check into "contents" coverage. It is called that on your homeowners, but boats and motorhomes are somewhat different. They can be second homes for tax purposes, but the insurance companies look at them different. It wouldn't be uncommon for contents to total more than the actual hull value of a yacht or a motorhome of preowned fame. Sometimes you have to buy more base coverage to get the contents cover high enough to cover all contents. I was asking @PEARCE about build out coverage. You lease the dock, but then you build out all sorts of comfort and convenience like kitchens, baths, and patio areas. You can put a hefty amount of money into something that isn't really yours, but you can sell it...but will your insurance cover it in case of loss? In any case, the whole purpose of insurance is to protect you in case of loss, and make you whole again, within reasonable agreed upon terms. Lawyers write the risk analysis and the final product to their benefit, and it is up to your agent to disseminate this to you and explain it so you can do what is best for you. A total loss isn't something that is common, but it what we all buy insurance to do, cover a total loss. @PEARCE , I sure hope that when all is said and done, that your loss is totally covered, and if not, someone is liable for the fire. Which brings up another thought...what if you are working on your own boat, and this happens, could you be liable for this type of occurrence? You could. And that might be covered under your liability umbrella coverage. My umbrella would not cover the limits of this and seeing this, I would have to at least triple my umbrella to feel comfortable with my boat or motorhome in a community storage situation. Regardless, you know, I have always felt close to many of you and I know we connected the very first meet that we had together. Pearce is one of those guys (family). I am reminded of what is special about him, that is just an amazing quality. I would be stewing in the turmoil, but here is Pearce, looking at it and still planning to be there! You rock Pearce, and set an example for your kids to follow...and for us!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Amen and second everything you said @txav8r !!

We don't have a buildout at our dock. Just personal effects in the boat. Our personal effects are insured up to $5,000. We don't have too many personal effects on the boat, so that should be adequate.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @txav8r and @farrelltravis !

The marina requires us to carry 500k liability on our boat insurance probably for that very reason.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I didn't know if there is any oil or gas spilling.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, there is or was. What didn't burn off was being contained by oil spill noodles. An environment cleaning agency was there in high gear when we left for home yesterday evening. Still have not heard from the marina today.:rage:

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saturday is gonna be a hot one boys and girls, bring plenty of sun screen and pop up canopy's for shade, I will have one but its only 10 x 10. that will be just big enough to keep my adult beverage containers in the shade lol

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sadly we will not be there Saturday as my only issue happened. Meeting with my mom's Dr at the facility sat

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@djetok we will miss yall, but family does come first, i hope everything goes well for you and your mom.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Getting ready to go.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@DCB-270 will y'all be out on the water this evening? I hope to be launched and out cruising around close to 7. I'll watch for you if I know you're out.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
well I'm not on the water yet as I planned it's probably gonna be more like 10 or 1030. so if somebody is out or soon to be out set up base camp. and let the fun began

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ok base camp. on treasure, North side half way

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry to miss you guys. We hope to make the August meet

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Good time with good people as usual. Jebs jerky was great as usual. Got to meet some new people. And got to ride in a 242. Tanks Gary and Jeb. Pearce took the bad news of his cruiser remarkably well. Travis gets the award for bringing the most people. 2 trips back and forth. See all of you soon.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm happy the weather cooperated, a good time had by all. @DCB-270 and veronica received the most genorious award for the cool shirt and a fixture for my garage door. @PEARCE and jill hats off to you guys. y'all are troopers. @farrelltravis as the old saying goes your gonna need a bigger boat. @maboat great seeing and talking to you again. I'm sure the next gathering August 12th will produce another great group of people. I will make some more jerkey.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20170722_175302.jpg well crap I forgot some pics and I don't think anyone really took any

Attachments