• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Boat Market Bubble is bursting...

DaytonFlyer1068

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
@Coolbreeze704 is absolutely correct. There is a correlation to wood here. It all comes down to supply and demand. NADA means nothing to me. The real value of these boats will be discovered when the time comes where a person can walk into a dealer and new boats are on the lot. That might not be till 2023, but eventually the NADA will reflect the ability of the consumer to buy new.

Coolbreeze704

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Bubble bursting sounds like prices crashing and I think we could expect much like mentioned above, a deflation. Not so much on the new retail side but on the used market pulling back some as cash strapped, or those eager to sell to rid of payments react to the slower winter season and a build up of inventory on FB marketplace gives the buyer confidence to push for lower prices and FOMO fades.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe I will sell my 2014 AR192. I've been thinking about working remotely and living in Brazil for about 6 months and then return to the states, definitely not to NYC. All depends if I can work remotely permanently. I'm guessing that used boat prices will return to normal next year, but will account for some yearly inflation because costs of new boats are steadily rising.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe that NADA is retail price sold by a dealer. My thought is that the buy/sold price of a private seller would likely be less.

Jim
It's a good question, and normally I would say you are right. Except at a Yamaha dealership, as there, a customer can directly compare to actual MSRP of a new boat. Assuming they have one.

That being said, If you grabbed my 242LS and compared to to a 2020 242 on the showroom, the new MSRP was way more than what it was back in 2011. Its just an unfair comparison. But many boat buyers have no idea that they are different. For that matter, boat sellers act stupid and will tell a potential buyer, that it's the same as the current model.

So it's all over the board and just plain silly. Again, I'm not in the market to buy or sell, so I should not bitch and moan as it only keeps the value of my boat up there as well.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Who cars about the "value" unless your selling and looking to get out of boating. I dont even look at those numbers on my cars or boats or houses as Im not selling them and if I did Id have to pay so much more for the "next" one. I know my Vacation home has appreciated over 160k but no way Im selling.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Think of it this way, an evil boat thief steals your boat. The bank uses Nada for boat vaule, now you have a pocket full of cash. But unfortunately no boat to buy.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I know nothing about this particular boat, but this seems like a fair price in this market for a Yamaha on Craigslist (Long Island), 2021 Yamaha Jetboat 195S - $39,000. Boat has 20 hours.

MSRP would have been 41K. I think this is the way boat prices are starting to move.

Jim

Coolbreeze704

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I know nothing about this particular boat, but this seems like a fair price in this market for a Yamaha on Craigslist (Long Island), 2021 Yamaha Jetboat 195S - $39,000. Boat has 20 hours.

MSRP would have been 41K. I think this is the way boat prices are starting to move.

Jim
Outstanding price! There are owners asking 49k for 2021 AR195's

2021 Yamaha ar195
$49,800
Listed 3 weeks ago in Brooks, GA

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Outstanding price! There are owners asking 49k for 2021 AR195's
If I was ready to buy my boat, I would probaly be giving the owner a call right now rather than posting on this forum. :)

Jim

Texas AR190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I am seeing for used boats, it's obvious that many were holding out till after the holiday this past weekend. The market is starting to fill, no flood yet, with quality used boats.

This is not true everywhere, but if you were thinking of taking advantage of this insane covid market, better do it quick. Businesses and offices are opening back up, and we have passed that magical mid-point of summer known as July 4th. I have seen plenty of boats hitting FB marketplace and C-list this week. Prices are still insane, but it's obvious that it has to burst soon. Especially since new boats are shipping.

I got reprimanded in FB messenger by a seller last night. And if he is here, I should actually apologize. As I posted a "laughing emoji" on his 2020 AR190 ad. No comments, just that emoji, as it's not my place to point out the obvious MSRP new. As I found it truly funny, that he had it listed for $4,000 more than the boats MSRP in the fall of 2019. As I have said before, you can ask anything you want, and if the market bears you a buyer, good on you. But if anyone thinks that these boats are actually selling for that price, they are fooling themselves.

Well the joke wasn't totally on me, but upon looking up NADA to find the MSRP of that AR, the actual average closing price was just below MSRP. That actually sounds right, as it was a 2020. So little drop sounds good. And he had the premium black cover. But $4000 over, that was funny. Good starting point for negotiation I guess.

This bubble is going to burst, as I see a couple more boats listed here. Fine boats too, but a bit inflated.

Good luck to the sellers, and good luck to those still looking to buy! It's a fun show to watch.
I just bought an 2022 AR190 and msrp was $35,999 but out the door was $45,000. The tax, freight, prep, trailer.......it ads up if you are the original owner. I did think the same thing when I was trying to find a used AR190 and a guy wanted $39,000 for a 2019.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just bought an 2022 AR190 and msrp was $35,999 but out the door was $45,000. The tax, freight, prep, trailer.......it ads up if you are the original owner. I did think the same thing when I was trying to find a used AR190 and a guy wanted $39,000 for a 2019.
I’m sure that was a typo. on your part? Your dealer didn’t add on for trailer did they? They screwed you if they did, All Yamaha boats, other than 275 series include a trailer at the MSRP listed.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I’m sure that was a type on your part? Your dealer didn’t add on for trailer did they? They screwed you if they did, All Yamaha boats, other than 275 series include a trailer at the MSRP listed.
Galvanized trailer is an up charge.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I’m sure that was a type on your part? Your dealer didn’t add on for trailer did they? They screwed you if they did, All Yamaha boats, other than 275 series include a trailer at the MSRP listed.
My dealer added a fee for upgrading to a galvanized trailer. They said they order all of their Yamaha boats with galvanized trailers instead of painted, and it was about $900 extra if I remember correctly.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i thought the upgrade was $400, at least that was what I was quoted. May have changed.

Texas AR190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sure you're right. They definately didnt use lube with me adding 10k to the cost. They did give me a nice yamaha fitted cover, 4 fenders, coastguard package, a decent tube and tow rope, anchor, chain, 100ft of rope.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i thought the upgrade was $400, at least that was what I was quoted. May have changed.
Keep in mind due to material shortages everything is inflated. Steel prices are higher. That up charge for the galvanized trailer is probably in line with today’s steel prices.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm sure you're right. They definately didnt use lube with me adding 10k to the cost. They did give me a nice yamaha fitted cover, 4 fenders, coastguard package, a decent tube and tow rope, anchor, chain, 100ft of rope.
Yes, if you got a galvanized, then there is an up charge. Otherwise,, painted is included. Inland dealers don’t ever order galvanized.