• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Bragging Board...

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another good night on the river. Largest was 10lbs. No monsters, but we boated 5 fish. Beautiful night on the river!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally caught a fish on our boat. This is only the 2nd or 3rd time that we have ever loaded up fishing poles to go with us. I figured I would throw a worm out on the bottom and see if anything would bite. We were in the Ohio River just upriver from Cincinnati on 5/23/15. I had 2 poles out, 1 being a tried and true catfish setup, the other my daughter's pink zebco 33. Of course this fish hit the bait on the zebco, and then the fight was on! Blue cat's are known for their fighting abilities and this one was strong as an ox. He had the zebco pole just about doubled over and made several really good runs. I was almost disappointed with the size of it because judging by the fight I was thinking it was a 20lb shovelhead. The interesting part of the fight came when I had to grab the fish by hand from the swim deck since we didn't bring a net with us. The fish was photographed and released.

blue cat 5.23.15.jpg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, we towed up to Lockport, Manitoba for some Catfishing!

Lockport/Selkirk is the last dam on the Red River of the North before flowing into Lake Winnipeg. It is known as a world-class catfish fishery and it did not disappoint!

We boated dozens of fish ranging from 15-22lbs in our boat. Largest fish in the 10-man group was just shy of 30lbs!! One captain caught over 40 fish personally in one day!!

You know it's an amazing trip when you come home with bruised bellies, sore arms and lots of smiles. I spent some quality time in the driveway yesterday powerwashing clay, mud and blood out of the boat. It is ready to go back on the lift for the summer.

Attachments

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
My 24 foot Yamaha is a fishing boat! Gotta love it when the Gulf of Mexico is so nice. Hello snapper season - all 10 days of it for Louisiana
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you didn't see the clip in the GoPro shorts thread, here is the Highlight Reel I put together from our fishing trip to Manitoba!!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I totally should have taken pictures with a measure of the catfish I caught off the back of my houseboat (while dorking around with anchor lines) these last few weeks. The catfish in the southern part of lake powell are VERY large right now.

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My son pulled in this 4lb Rainbow on 6X line , We caught over 100 fish and this was one of the bigger ones. Flaming Gorge Utah

Last edited:

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great looking fish! Looks like you had a lot of fun :). Southeast end of the lake, I take it? Rainbow down that way have been pretty good fishing, but most reports I hear are from the river and not from the lake.

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great looking fish! Looks like you had a lot of fun :). Southeast end of the lake, I take it? Rainbow down that way have been pretty good fishing, but most reports I hear are from the river and not from the lake.
The cove behind Jarvies must have been a Cicadia breeding ground because they were everywhere and when they fell in the water the fish would breach and eat them. We anchored and used power bait off the bottom, I caught a few but mostly I helped my son take fish after fish off his line and re-load, we kept a few and returned many to be caught another day.

Rich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg Caught this 25lb'er drowning a worm while sippin some suds

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally caught a Sockeye Salmon with my down rigger fishing setup. This was on Lake Wenatchee Sat Aug 1st. Fishing 90 feet deep with 200 other boats...this was early before most of the other boats arrived!

IMG_1829.jpg

bkcarson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Went looking for striped bass on the Upper Chesapeake Bay and ended up with some nice catfish instead.

20150827_133735-1.jpeg 20150827_113108.jpeg

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some scup we caught.

Attachments

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Couple of lunkers!!image.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Rich: Tha fish is a KILLER !@!!!!!!!!!!!!
What kind is it ?
Great photo - Thanks for sharing. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MikeyL that's a fresh water carp. we have a lot of them around here also. Not easy to catch because they are primarily vegetarians. Dough balls are a good bait for them.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ah, I want to go fishing with @subysti and I could care less about fish.

That said, here is a pic of a marlin my brother caught while we were off shore fishing off cabo earlier this summer. 9' long and estimated to be 180 lbs.

image.jpg

I caught a 3' to 4' mahi mahi, no idea how much it weighed or what it was until my guide told me. It looks a lot different in sushi form.

Rich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MikeyL. Carp, pretty common in NY waters. No body really targets them but they put up a pretty decent fight. Took about 10 minutes to get that one in.