• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Bragging Board...

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
This might not be the intent,, but by far my greatest catch...and the hook was set after she seen the Yamaha....greatest catch.jpg

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where did you get it? Muskie?
Caught on Lake Of The Woods Ontario Canada. It is a Northern Pike. We would go there every summer for 2 weeks to Sioux Narrows. My MIL has a cabin on an island there, and we would rent a house on the "mainland" (could just be another island...but you can drive to the house). Pretty much would drive the boat everywhere we wanted to go...except the grocery store.

The only place that I've ever caught a good size fish on the FIRST CAST! You can catch Northern's like that all day long....they are fun to catch, but you have to get a really big one to eat...as they are pretty bony. Muskie is better eating with the smaller ones. Get the odd bass or trout too.

Lake of the Woods is over 70 miles (110 km) long and wide, and contains more than 14,552 islands and 65,000 miles (105,000 km) of shoreline. It would amount to the longest coastline of any Canadian lake, except that the lake is not entirely within Canada. Lake of the Woods is also the sixth largestfreshwater lake located (at least partially) in the United States, after the five Great Lakes.

The main lake is big...but then you look at the smaller islands and the other lakes in the area and the mind boggles. Many people go to fly in fish camps up there. You get dropped off by float plan with all your provisions....and are on your own! If you love fishing....this is a place to go....and fish.....

Lake of the woods area.JPG

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
....no treble hook...

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lake of the woods is better known for Walleyes! This one was more central MN, and no I didn't catch it from a Yamaha, but a Jetboat as per the rules.

The next photo is from the Red River of the North. As we use our SeaDoo X20 as a catfish rig. It's perfect for running the river in this world-class catfish fishery.

More to come, as the ice has finally gone out in the river and most of the lakes up here now! Bring it on!

Attachments

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Caught on Lake Of The Woods Ontario Canada. It is a Northern Pike. We would go there every summer for 2 weeks to Sioux Narrows. My MIL has a cabin on an island there, and we would rent a house on the "mainland" (could just be another island...but you can drive to the house). Pretty much would drive the boat everywhere we wanted to go...except the grocery store.

The only place that I've ever caught a good size fish on the FIRST CAST! You can catch Northern's like that all day long....they are fun to catch, but you have to get a really big one to eat...as they are pretty bony. Muskie is better eating with the smaller ones. Get the odd bass or trout too.

Lake of the Woods is over 70 miles (110 km) long and wide, and contains more than 14,552 islands and 65,000 miles (105,000 km) of shoreline. It would amount to the longest coastline of any Canadian lake, except that the lake is not entirely within Canada. Lake of the Woods is also the sixth largestfreshwater lake located (at least partially) in the United States, after the five Great Lakes.

The main lake is big...but then you look at the smaller islands and the other lakes in the area and the mind boggles. Many people go to fly in fish camps up there. You get dropped off by float plan with all your provisions....and are on your own! If you love fishing....this is a place to go....and fish.....

View attachment 18597
Lake of the Woods, near Kenora - a couple years ago. Been going there since I was a kid, now taking my son. Some of the best walleye and smallie fishing there is.

image.jpg

ShesCrafty

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This guy caught one, too. Kentucky Lake.

image.jpg

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been an avid fisherman since I was old enough to hold a fishing pole. I am ashamed to say that I have never caught a fish off of our boat. But in my defense we mostly boat in the middle of the hot summer days in deep water on the river. I guess I could throw out a line or two and try to catch some catfish while we are out there, but it has always been too much of a hassle with all of the kids on board.

I'll post a couple of pictures of my best catches, but I will leave them as thumbnails since they don't abide by the rules. The Musky was 51" and successfully released, the Bull Shark was just a hair over 9ft long and currently resides in our living room in Kentucky (it's a good conversation piece).

muskie.jpg shark.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These are @Emma's first bass and @Gavin's first crappie.

EmmasFirstBass.png GavinsFirstCrappie.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Impressive. Especially since I can't BUY a bass for life or money right now.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pacific Sailfish, Costa Rica.

Here's the vid with a nice jump:

Also, just a sampling of Mahi and Wahoo we normally catch off our boat in NC (not the Yamaha...)

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's pre-spawn catfish season on the Red River of the North!! Too bad it has been raining every freaking day!

Six small ones with the largest being around 6-7lbs. This weekend we hope to get the big boys in the 15-20lb range!

Attachments