• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It absolutely cannot void your warranty. You only need to keep your receipts to back up the purchase of products to do the service.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that's a long drive, I would problably do it myself if I were you. My dealer was very open that we didn't need to get the service done by them, but they make it so easy it is hard to say no. I am a huge gearhead and always wrench on cars, but with 2 little boys and all my other stuff my wife and I decided to let the dealer do the first few services. At point of sale, my dealership lets you buy a "service card" spend $500 and you get $1,000 on the card to be used at their service department. Which is actually only 10 mins from my house. So I have all of my hourly service checkpoints paid for pretty much, not a bad deal.

I also have TWO WARRANTY CLAIMS in with Yamaha....the rubber gasket on my center window on the left side just came off, the adhesive must have been sprayed to lightly or defective, so they are taking care of that, also one of the buckles on my bimini bag snapped off, the threads just let go where the strap was sewed to the buckle, so Yamaha is sending the dealer a new one at no cost to me. I was happy at the ease of that stuff.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that's a long drive, I would problably do it myself if I were you. My dealer was very open that we didn't need to get the service done by them, but they make it so easy it is hard to say no. I am a huge gearhead and always wrench on cars, but with 2 little boys and all my other stuff my wife and I decided to let the dealer do the first few services. At point of sale, my dealership lets you buy a "service card" spend $500 and you get $1,000 on the card to be used at their service department. Which is actually only 10 mins from my house. So I have all of my hourly service checkpoints paid for pretty much, not a bad deal.

I also have TWO WARRANTY CLAIMS in with Yamaha....the rubber gasket on my center window on the left side just came off, the adhesive must have been sprayed to lightly or defective, so they are taking care of that, also one of the buckles on my bimini bag snapped off, the threads just let go where the strap was sewed to the buckle, so Yamaha is sending the dealer a new one at no cost to me. I was happy at the ease of that stuff.
I've changed my mind! I'm doing my own 10hr service. It's something I always intended to do with this Yamaha Boat. I've got all my reciepts and i will video all the work I do on my boat as proof. YouTube has basically every video you need to work on these boats.
Must be nice living 10 minutes away from your dealer! Problem for me is that I would be in there every day nosing around taking to the mechanical guys and seeing whats new.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Than someone somewhere in this forum mentioned it might void your warranty if you do not have your 10hr inspection done by the dealer. i would hate to have a warranty claim and Yamaha refuse it because of a small thing like forgoing the 10hr inspection by the dealer.
That's not true. Exactly what @Bill D said - keep the receipts and a simple log.
Check out @Britboater write up on 1.8 service, among other FAQs, good read.

--

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Dan i also bought all the supplies to do it myself as well (little giant pump/tubing to go down dipstick/Yamaha oil change kit/still need to get spark plugs). I'm at 9.1 hours. Than someone somewhere in this forum mentioned it might void your warranty if you do not have your 10hr inspection done by the dealer. i would hate to have a warranty claim and Yamaha refuse it because of a small thing like forgoing the 10hr inspection by the dealer. i might bitr the bullet and have the first oil change and inspection done by the dealer. BTW my dealer is 2.5 hours away.
I'm sure I've seen on here that doing the service yourself does not void the warranty as long as you use Yamalube... it's about an hour drive through high traffic for me so I'm saving the trip and servicing the boat at home..

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I literally tells you in the warranty and YES (if you have that as well) that you can do you own work and it not void the warranty so long as you document your maintenance service(s). Any dealer or service shop that tells you otherwise just wants your money.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where do you get them done? I already know my name.
I just ordered everything on-line from Amazon actually, marine decals. We have running Llama jokes from the movie Napoleon Dynamite so we ended up naming the boat "LLAMAHA"...lol.

Mike Hall

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_7094.JPG IMG_7096.JPG IMG_5625.JPG IMG_5620.JPG Finally picked up my AR 195 yesterday. Had to drive 2 hrs to Cincinnati area to pick it up. Then had to drive 3 hours the the lake to sign on the land we purchased at the lake. Dream day turned into a nightmare very quickly. On the way out of the title office to get our lake ID's made my wakeboard tower took out the awning of the title office building. I had initially thought it was just some paint damage to the tower, but there are some small fractures in the paint. And a crack between boat holes under the tower mount. The RH knob bolt that locks the tower in place is stripped, and the RH side of my tower won't sit flush for me to get the knob bolt in place to lock the tower in the up position for trailering. Anyone have any advice other than "learn to drive"?IMG_7096.JPG

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 58681 View attachment 58682 View attachment 58683 View attachment 58684 Finally picked up my AR 195 yesterday. Had to drive 2 hrs to Cincinnati area to pick it up. Then had to drive 3 hours the the lake to sign on the land we purchased at the lake. Dream day turned into a nightmare very quickly. On the way out of the title office to get our lake ID's made my wakeboard tower took out the awning of the title office building. I had initially thought it was just some paint damage to the tower, but there are some small fractures in the paint. And a crack between boat holes under the tower mount. The RH knob bolt that locks the tower in place is stripped, and the RH side of my tower won't sit flush for me to get the knob bolt in place to lock the tower in the up position for trailering. Anyone have any advice other than "learn to drive"?View attachment 58682
Really sorry! Ouch.
Well, we all do things like that from time to time.
Unfortunately, if your tower needs to be replaced... you will want the insurance involved (those towers are bloody expensive).

--

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Mike, don't beat yourself up over it! It will get fixed and be a memory that you won't forget. On my first boat I also forgot about my tower and it grabbed one of those portable basketball nets while I was driving down my street! Before I knew what was happening I was dragging it down the street. It hit a parked car and scratched the whole sides of my boat! Now I'm always checking heights when I'm pulling. My heart sank when I saw your posted pictures. Good luck brother and post some happier pictures when it's all fixed up.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't know about the 19, I have a 242, but the ski locker does drain into the bilge however the bilge pump is not in the bilge :jawdrop: it is in the engine compartment. The only way to drain the bilge in the 242 is pull the stern plug which you don't want to do underway.
I was looking at mine and I noticed two bilge pumps, one in the engine compartment and one in haul.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So last week I went camping with the family and the campground had a mooring dock for a small fee. The current cleat setup on the AR 195 sucks, they really need to add another cleat between the bow cleat and the middle cleat. This would allow for better fender placement and would be a better tie point. Next project ordering two more cleats! Also this was the first time I really had people sit in the bow and was amazed by how much it dropped the bow. It really seems like the weight distribution is really thrown off when adding any weight in the bow. Looking into ordering about 200lbs of the weight bags to put at the back of the haul under the rear seats. Merwin 1.jpg Merwin 2.jpg

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 58681 View attachment 58682 View attachment 58683 View attachment 58684 Finally picked up my AR 195 yesterday. Had to drive 2 hrs to Cincinnati area to pick it up. Then had to drive 3 hours the the lake to sign on the land we purchased at the lake. Dream day turned into a nightmare very quickly. On the way out of the title office to get our lake ID's made my wakeboard tower took out the awning of the title office building. I had initially thought it was just some paint damage to the tower, but there are some small fractures in the paint. And a crack between boat holes under the tower mount. The RH knob bolt that locks the tower in place is stripped, and the RH side of my tower won't sit flush for me to get the knob bolt in place to lock the tower in the up position for trailering. Anyone have any advice other than "learn to drive"?View attachment 58682
Hi Mike - has anyone looked at your boat yet? Hope you are doing good.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
52097845456__6A56D1DD-0E9C-40A0-967A-F098EE4B48A2.JPG 52097847142__1B46DE31-5ED1-41BF-B3E9-79C9BC873212.JPG 52097881667__0BDADA41-6EC9-4ACF-834F-1C531E5FEDA0.JPG Well, ended up nose on the beach Saturday while boating.. this was not on purpose as a big yacht was flying up the river and pretty much threw us up on the beach. Needless to say lots of rocks.. well now I am thinking of calling my insurance to file a claim.. lots of scratches and gauges first couple of feet on the keel.. downside of black hull all the white scratches jump right out... anybody have any experience with claims like this?...

Last edited:

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hit my garage entrance with mine, long story....but I was going extremely slow so I didn't damage anything other than small dent in aluminum trim on garage. When backing into or pulling out of garage I go about .1 miles an hour in case I forgot something. So don't feel bad, we all do one of the "oh shit's" now and then. Hope everything is covered by insurance and your on the water soon.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So last week I went camping with the family and the campground had a mooring dock for a small fee. The current cleat setup on the AR 195 sucks, they really need to add another cleat between the bow cleat and the middle cleat. This would allow for better fender placement and would be a better tie point. Next project ordering two more cleats! Also this was the first time I really had people sit in the bow and was amazed by how much it dropped the bow. It really seems like the weight distribution is really thrown off when adding any weight in the bow. Looking into ordering about 200lbs of the weight bags to put at the back of the haul under the rear seats. View attachment 58800 View attachment 58801
I set mine up like you. I use the handle on the front of boat, the middle cleat, the wake board tower and the last cleat. I use the plastic fender hooks so I can hook them up in a snap and can still use cleats for tie downs. I agree, one more cleat would be very helpful.