• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Anybody know the exact part number for impeller removal tool... I see a lot on Amazon just not sure which fits my specific spline on the end of the shaft...

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alright guys I need some opinions on removing the stickers on my SX195. I would like to remove the sticker in the black part with the white detail which would also remove a grey stripe which is there for contrast. I also would then remove the black detail on the grey part of the the hull. That would leave me with a black on grey hull which I prefer but the wife is on the fence. Thanks guys for helping out.

Attachments

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Getting ready for a week long camping trip. Installed another factory pop up cleat, trailer guides and ratchet tie downs. The additional cleat allows for much better fender placement to protect the bow. Also waxed the haul, hints why the trailer is on ramps.IMG_0565.JPGIMG_0567.JPGIMG_0569.JPGIMG_0572.JPG

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Alright guys I need some opinions on removing the stickers on my SX195. I would like to remove the sticker in the black part with the white detail which would also remove a grey stripe which is there for contrast. I also would then remove the black detail on the grey part of the the hull. That would leave me with a black on grey hull which I prefer but the wife is on the fence. Thanks guys for helping out.
Maybe this will help you decide...

sx195 mod gfx.jpg

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alright so I (the wife agreed) to remove the stickers! @haknslash did a much better job removing the decals than I did! Next question is what works best to remove those? I already pulled all the warning labels with my heat gun and goo gone. Should I follow the same procedure with these or is there more involved with factory decals?

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just did my 10hr oil change and maintenance checks myself!! Really easy and satisfying.View attachment 59718
Can you tell me what the part number is for the oil change kit? I need to order mine and would like the number so I can shop around for the best price! Thanks!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Alright so I (the wife agreed) to remove the stickers! @haknslash did a much better job removing the decals than I did! Next question is what works best to remove those? I already pulled all the warning labels with my heat gun and goo gone. Should I follow the same procedure with these or is there more involved with factory decals?
Heat should work. With the boat being new the graphics should pull off easily and if you use heat and go smooth enough you shouldn't have much adhesive residue to clean up. There are a lot of guys on here who have removed their graphics on their boat without issue and on much older boats. Checkout this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/removing-boat-graphics.7685/

Last edited:

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you tell me what the part number is for the oil change kit? I need to order mine and would like the number so I can shop around for the best price! Thanks!
Hi Colin, I ordered right from my dealer in GrandBend Ontario. The Yamaha SKU # PWC-OILCH-KT-02 - Cost is $67.34.

Attachments

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oil.jpg
Hi Colin, I ordered right from my dealer in GrandBend Ontario. The Yamaha SKU # PWC-OILCH-KT-02 - Cost is $67.34.
I found it on Amazon for $52.94.

Last edited:

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 61865
I found it on Amazon for $52.94.
LOL - i found better!!! Yamaha USA site - $43.99. Beat that! BTW my first post was in Canadian funds from Yamaha Canada site and not my dealer. So if you live in Can - $52.94 or U.S - $43.99. Both directly off country of orgin Yamaha web sites.

Attachments

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks guys! Has anyone had accessory lights added through their dealer? I would like to add a few more since if you're boating at night the one over the drivers cupholders isn't quite enough to light up the boat. I was thinking one on either side of the bow under the seats, one on either side under the seats in the back and maybe illuminating the cupholders. If the price is right I would also love to do swim lights. Anybody have a ballpark idea on how much this should run me installed? I suppose I could just call around and get some prices but I don't even know where to begin with pricing this kind of thing so I want to make sure I'm not going to get fleeced and find out after the work is done that people are getting it done for half the price. I am still weighing my pros and cons with just installing the lights myself but I'm still really unsure about drilling holes into the boat myself and I'm sure a dealer has all the ability to make it look like a factory job. I know if I do them myself I do one little thing wrong and it will drive me crazy for the rest of the time I own the boat!

Paul W

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alright did it tonight! Removed the stickers and the residue! Here's what I have! We love it!!
Was it hard to take off the bottom graphic and what did you use exactly? I'm picking up my white SX195 over the weekend and plan to take the bottom graphic off. I certainly don't want to screw up on my brand new boat! Thanks

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @Paul W so I used a heat gun with a selectable heat setting. The heat setting was on 350*F. To remove whatever leftover glue I used goo gone. I would say total time invested was 2.5 hrs. But once I finished removing all the residue i misted the hull and used hot sauce to bring the shine back!

Paul W

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @Paul W so I used a heat gun with a selectable heat setting. The heat setting was on 350*F. To remove whatever leftover glue I used goo gone. I would say total time invested was 2.5 hrs. But once I finished removing all the residue i misted the hull and used hot sauce to bring the shine back!
Thanks JP! Is the SX195 label also a graphic that can be removed?