• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Brand New 2017 Yamaha AR195 and SX195

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So im having some serious withdrawals now that we're getting into February (3 more months.. 3 more months.. 3 more months..) so I contacted the marina where I purchased my 195 and that is storing it this winter and got a quote on adding 4 Blue LED's to the interior. They quoted me $450 to do the 4 lights with wiring and connecting the lights to the stock accessory light switch. What do you guys think, I was thinking about doing it myself but the convenience of them doing it over the next few months and having it ready in May when I pick up the boat. I think I am going to have them go ahead and do it but wanted feedback from some of you that may have done this before. Thanks in advance for any information!
Colin, for me its always can i afford the price and can they do a better job than what i could do; I don't mind paying someone. I would also like to add some interior LED lights to my AR195 so i look forward to seeing how your project turns out. $450 sounds fair to me BTW.

Colin MacEachern

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Colin, for me its always can i afford the price and can they do a better job than what i could do; I don't mind paying someone. I would also like to add some interior LED lights to my AR195 so i look forward to seeing how your project turns out. $450 sounds fair to me BTW.
I thought the same thing the price sounded fair to me as well (it was actually originally $500 but I got a 10% discount for having purchased the boat through them within a year.) I attached a photo that he sent me of an SX190 or 195, not sure which, that they did recently and it looks pretty good I just wish the lights were a bit more hidden.

Attachments

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I
So, I installed my 3.5" Stoltz roller kit today. As others have mentioned, simple install and the kit fit nearly perfect. There was a slight bit of play, but a couple taps with a hammer tightened up the brackets.

Here are a couple comparison pics.

View attachment 47237 View attachment 47238
I was wondering if the new 3.5 Stoltz is approx. the same size as the OEM? The center piece on the 3.5 Stoltz looks smaller than the OEM while the 2 outside pieces look slightly smaller than the OEM?

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I

I was wondering if the new 3.5 Stoltz is approx. the same size as the OEM? The center piece on the 3.5 Stoltz looks smaller than the OEM while the 2 outside pieces look slightly smaller than the OEM?

Funny you ask I was just about to install mine. Here are some pics. Don't forget about the perspective of the lens it looks larger but it's like 1/32 wider

Attachments

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 3.5" Stoltz roller would work fine I'm sure but it wouldn't be quite as wide as the stock plastic roller since it measures at 3.6". There would be a small gap where the roller could move from side to side but we're talking less than an 1/8" total travel. I bought the Stoltz Ultimate 4" that most use on here and just had the sides cut so that the roller measures exactly the same 3.6" as the stock roller did for a nice fit.

Here is a thread where a member bought and used the newer Stoltz 3.5" roller. You can see my pics in that thread as well to compare. https://jetboaters.net/threads/stoltz-ultimate-bow-stop-roller-dont-care-for-fit-fixed.10472/

In the end either of them would be better than the stock roller! You'll find that it won't take but a few times out with your boat before you start seeing how bad the stock roller marks up the gel coat.
Ya I def need to get that dang ugly marks buffed in the offseason after I change out the rollers. Shorelander not smart for going with these OEM rollers. It should be a warranty claim to get them replaced and the areas fixed from the damages sustained from their products.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Funny you ask I was just about to install mine. Here are some pics. Don't forget about the perspective of the lens it looks larger but it's like 1/32 wider
Perfect. Appreciate that. Idk if I'm liking that center piece on the 3.5. But if Stolz states its made for the Yammies than I will have to trust them in that. Like few others, I thought the outside pieces helped with holding stability but like some say the bunks are what holds most of the weight.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Perfect. Appreciate that. Idk if I'm liking that center piece on the 3.5. But if Stolz states its made for the Yammies than I will have to trust them in that. Like few others, I thought the outside pieces helped with holding stability but like some say the bunks are what holds most of the weight.
Yeah I tighten mine up, it didn't roll so I left it loose, it's got a lock nut so no big deal it's made to roll anyways.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I can finally say i did it. Left the dock without the clean out plug locked in. Idled out through the no wake zone and once i cleared the no wake sign I punched it!! Got about 100 yards before I lost all thrust!!! WTF!!! I couldn't have sucked anything up i thought to myself seeing there are no weeds up in my area yet. I opened the engine cover to see about 4 inched of water in the compartment??? Did I blow a line?? Looked all around while the engine was idling and saw nothing?? Wife says did you leave the drain plugs out??? I say "really"!!! I'm not that stupid! So i figure I better check the clean out area to make sure i didn't suck something up. while i'm climbing over the engine seat it hit me!!! Fack I left the clean out plug just sitting in the compartment not turned in. Sure enough i open the back compartment and there it is floating at the top. What a relief that was!!!! LOL

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put a Stoltz on my trail last week. I literally lifted the front of the boat off the roller with my shoulder while I worked on the roller. I'm not that strong, the bow is just that light. Very little weight up there.

Also.....I've confirmed you CAN run the 3in center section if you want to. Looks goofy, but still keeps the boat off the metal loading and unloading. Don't worry, I'll be ordering the right center section as soon as I can get a few minutes to make sure I buy the right thing this time!

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hey just an FYI.. I was cleaning the interior this afternoon for the weekend.. I noticed the captains chair was pretty lose.. I looked underneath and 3 of the 4 screws holding the seat to the track were almost all the way out. The fourth had actually fallen out and was sitting under the seat.. retightend them no problem.. I boat mostly on the Columbia that gets really rough.. this is something I’ll check every spring now...

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey just an FYI.. I was cleaning the interior this afternoon for the weekend.. I noticed the captains chair was pretty lose.. I looked underneath and 3 of the 4 screws holding the seat to the track were almost all the way out. The fourth had actually fallen out and was sitting under the seat.. retightend them no problem.. I boat mostly on the Columbia that gets really rough.. this is something I’ll check every spring now...
Good to know! Thanks Dan. BTW - how did the repair go on the underside of your boat. We never did hear back from the guy who ripped off his tower on his first day of ownership. Hope it all turned out good for him and he is enjoying his boat now?

Rick Russler

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A couple of posts on this thread mention difficulty maintaining speed at 18-22 mph with the 195. Isn’t this prime wakeboarding speed? What is the planing speed on this boat, and is that what causes the issue? I would like to hear the thoughts of regular wakeboarders on this.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Good to know! Thanks Dan. BTW - how did the repair go on the underside of your boat. We never did hear back from the guy who ripped off his tower on his first day of ownership. Hope it all turned out good for him and he is enjoying his boat now?
Repair went good.. they cleaned it up and put black keel gaurd down... more peace of mind with the beaching I am doing...

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
On a side note I will be looking at stereo upgrade on the fall.. I want to hold off on tower speakers for now( I am 6’3 and want to avoid lower my head clearance)... what deck,amp, speakers did you go with and are you happy with it..

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A couple of posts on this thread mention difficulty maintaining speed at 18-22 mph with the 195. Isn’t this prime wakeboarding speed? What is the planing speed on this boat, and is that what causes the issue? I would like to hear the thoughts of regular wakeboarders on this.
I don't wakeboard but Tagging @DBamaC to see if he can shed some insight.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Far from an expert wakeboard tow-er, but I’ve never has had an issue with my 192. Come out if the hole as quick as you can without ripping the handle out of you rider’s hands, pull the throttle back to about 5500 rpm (for my boat) and you’re at about 20mph.

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Repair went good.. they cleaned it up and put black keel gaurd down... more peace of mind with the beaching I am doing...
I also bought the keel shield but have not installed it yet. I don't ever plan on beaching my boat but it will give me peace of mind if I ever hit shallow water.