• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The dreaded throttle staying set discussion

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sorry Ronnie but Im considered a spammer over there. That place is dead to me. The answers will find their way here soon enough[flag]

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hey Evil,
The two screws at the base of the throttle assembly by the captains chair adjust the amount of tension it takes to adjust the throttle. You take off a small piece if plastic to get to them. You can't see them easily but if you slide the screw driver in you can feel when you have it seated. Adjust them to the right tension so the throttle stays in position at all points. I had to do this on the water to get the right tension and test different positions.

I did buy the $100 piece of plastic as well :) Helps when others want to pilot the boat. Less instructions and training needed.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I like to think the $85 dollar profit for the piece of plastic went to a good cause :)

The people on Shark Tank would love the margin!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just curious what this "Piece of plastic" looks like?

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the throttle synch. It makes the throttles a bit more comfortable and versatile. If it were only "a $100 piece of plastic" then people would just make them themselves in their garage. They don't because it requires tooling and R&D. That is where the $100 comes from. With the expense that goes along with a boat, what is a single $100 purchase really? That said, it really does not solve the throttle slip issue that is inherent with these boats, nor is it advertised as such. It helps a little though. Also like TechRider said, it makes the boat a little more user friendly for when you have others pilot.

I will also say that synching the motors was a nuisance for me during the first season. I am no longer compelled to constantly put effort towards making the RPM line up exactly. I hardly notice it anymore. I keep the throttle synch locked in most of the time and just drive the boat. The small amount that they differ is not enough to effect the way the boat tracks. If it is, then you need to make an adjustment. With proper adjustment, I find that the difference between engine RPM's is minimal. I really only unlock the throttle synch when docking, or maneuvering in tight areas.

BTW, my left side slips, and right side stays put, and yes, I have adjusted the tension. The overall problem does not come from the tension adjustment, or at least that is the case with my boat.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sells for $139 on their website!

ThrottleSyncIndex.png

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awww yes I remember those now....

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Throttle cable tension would be my first attempt to address this.... We always have slightly split throttles and slightly different RPM settings to keep the boat pointed straight.... Its just a habit from tons of hours flying airplanes, and we don't have a yaw damper on the boat to compensate! Never really had much of a problem with this..... We bring the power levers up to about 5K to check power symmetry, then advance to about 8K or more to get on plane, then set power for speed...adjust to hold heading...

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
That works for the newer boats but for the boats with the MR1 motors we do not have that luxery. @Speedling is the one that resolved this issue.
And it's much easier than my thread makes it out to be.
I re-made my whole thread on here somewhere. Don't feel like linking it while on a phone. I call it throttle drop. The issue is that a tab is loosely set between two forks. Done, simple. This is mainly for the mr1 but I believe the throttle is same on newer boats.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry but I think $100 for that piece of plastic is an ass raping. No disrespect to the makers, just my opinion
I agree. Where are you finding them for $100? Everywhere I see them for $139 - $149. I thought they misplaced the decimal point. It looked like a $14.95 part to me. No offense to the designer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If the investor / producer is here he may be able to offer a group buy discount if there is enough interest. I paid less than $100 for mine.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Damn....now I feel bad, I just bought and installed the Throttle Sync and was excited to get out and try it

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
ThrottleSync is a great product, I really like it. Fits perfectly and simplifies throttle action when desired. Then just hit the red tab and use both for docking or whatever.

I bought mine last year and was on the high end of the development costs. I would expect if mass produced this price would drop drastically. My recommendation would be to mass produce and send to every Yamaha dealer to keep in their inventory.