• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The end of the list is near... Quick fill port. Rear access panels.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm finally nearing the end of my list of mods, after a serious effort this off-season. First time out on the water with the new ballast yesterday. 3x 800lbs on new ballast king pumps, 1" intakes, and 1" hose. Fill times are crazy, and adding/removing water from any bag at the touch of a button is really nice. Great wave all day yesterday, with only 3 in the boat. Also loved the quick fill port (also on its own intake/pump). So much easier and more convenient than the over the side pump. The tsunami pump I have is pretty fast, so I'm not sure I decreased fill times there, but I don't believe its slower. I used @swatski and @jcyamaharider ideas, but changed it just a little. I went with a 1" cam and groove fitting, and added the same to the end of the hose. Locks on nice and tight, no leaks. I used a rubber drain plug with a ball chain added to keep it closed when necessary. Works great. Also added access panels on both sides of the engine compartment, to be able to easily get to those rear bags if necessary. This really helped with installation, and since I used the flo-rite quick connectors, I can reach in one handed and disconnect the bags for removal if necessary.
20190427_192003.jpg20190428_120748.jpg20190505_180247.jpg20190428_093425.jpg

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
nice and clean, what are you doing for a stern light though?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I love the quick fill port!!! It is a mod I have to do to the new boat.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score