• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery powered and hard wired LED tow point mount

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you have a new tower with a tow point that looks like the one below, and want to mount a LED (both 12v wired or battery powered) light on it I have a solution for you. I have made an adapter that slides over the top rounded portion of the tow point and gives you a flat place to mount the light. The adapter looks OEM.

The battery powered Navisafe LED and Adapter is $174 shipped

The 12v wired Attwood LED and Adapter is $149 shipped

Installation is simple. It’s a loose press fit so you can either drive it on with a dead blow hammer or heat it up in the oven at 425 for an hour and slip it on. If you have the Navisafe LED just attach the base to the installed adapter and you are ready to go. If you have the Attwood LED you then use the adapter as a guide to drill the tow point to run your wires.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We may be interested in selling these. Call me on Monday.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Guys ......... This is THE REAL DEAL !!!!!!

I (thankfully) bought 1 of these from Jeremy many many moons ago. And he is 1 First Class member here.
This "project" which he commissioned himself, is FANTASTIC. And Besides the fact that 1) It works ! and 2) It works WELL ! ........ and that is is a really kewl and neat MOD (maybe the best ever !) ......... is 3) That Jeremy is such a nice guy and if you have a small question he is "there" to help you.

Anyways, when I saw this post I kinda felt compelled to stick my nose in and convey these thoughts and feelings.

(NOTE: If it were me, I'ld only spring for "OPTION # 3 ! Just my $ 0.02 worth).

Best Wishes to all and a great Boating weekend ! Gonna be in the mid to upper 80's here on Lake Oconee !
Y'all COME ON DOWN !!!!!!! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would like one. Option 3 please, let me know when and how to pay. Thanks!!

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2011 AR210 if this will fit I'd like to order also. Thank you

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If your tow point is a solid piece of aluminum like the one pictured below it will fit. All current models have the same tow point.

Last edited:

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wish you had a kit for the 07 boats, I'd be all over that!!!!

Great idea/great looking product!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jeremy

I just installed mine this week, although I ordered it from you almost a year ago. Have yet to wire it though. The adapter fits perfectly. Slipped it on after about 25 minutes in 400 degree oven and when it cooled it is completely snug. Bought an 8" drill bit and some cutting oil to drill the hole down through the tow point. That was an easy process. Just allow the bit to clean itself out every few seconds and it doesnt take long. That aluminum is really soft.

I used a 3/4" bit to drill into the tow point mount from below. Last step is getting a hole drilled from there into the tower tube, within that tow point mount so its not visible. That is proving a little tricky for me. I might end up having to expand the hole to 1" so that I can access the inner part of the tube.

Lastly, I really want to keep exposed wiring to a minimum. Havent really looked but wonder if it would be possible to drill through the tower joints as well, keeping all the wiring within the tower. Would need a connector of some type where the upper and lower tower connection is. Just thinking out loud here...

Anyway, the adapter is very nice!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jeremy

I just installed mine this week, although I ordered it from you almost a year ago. Have yet to wire it though. The adapter fits perfectly. Slipped it on after about 25 minutes in 400 degree oven and when it cooled it is completely snug. Bought an 8" drill bit and some cutting oil to drill the hole down through the tow point. That was an easy process. Just allow the bit to clean itself out every few seconds and it doesnt take long. That aluminum is really soft.

I used a 3/4" bit to drill into the tow point mount from below. Last step is getting a hole drilled from there into the tower tube, within that tow point mount so its not visible. That is proving a little tricky for me. I might end up having to expand the hole to 1" so that I can access the inner part of the tube.

Lastly, I really want to keep exposed wiring to a minimum. Havent really looked but wonder if it would be possible to drill through the tower joints as well, keeping all the wiring within the tower. Would need a connector of some type where the upper and lower tower connection is. Just thinking out loud here...

Anyway, the adapter is very nice!
The joints may already be drilled. You would have to commit fully to doing the project, but you could drill a hole down where the wires will need to come out of the tower and hook a shop vac to it to see if you get are movement at the other hole. If so, just let it suck in some frayed twine until it comes out the other end and tape, tape, tape the wire to the end of the string with electrical tape and pull it through. If there is no suction then you will have to drill a hole to drill a hole but with the holes drilled you should have suction.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You still offering this kit with the small led light to mount underneath the tow point?

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jeremy0011 Welcome to the site! I see you are in NC too!
Thanks Julian, it’s great to be here. I’m just down the road from you. We camp and boat at Jordan most weekends. Let me know if you make it out there I have a cold beer with your name on it. You guys have done a great job with the site.

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You still offering this kit with the small led light to mount underneath the tow point?
Yes I can for an additional $20 just let me know what color you would like. It’s a ¾” grommet LED in Red, Blue, Amber, or White.

MDBodnar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I really like this idea, but I am confused by the pictures above: does the light simply mount on to of the existing tow point, or is it somehow modified to mount the light...?

Thanks,
Mike

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is funny that this kit costs the same as the plastic piece to lock the throttle levers together. Seems like this kit could probably sell for 2x as much. Got my kit the other day and can say the quality is there.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I really like this idea, but I am confused by the pictures above: does the light simply mount on to of the existing tow point, or is it somehow modified to mount the light...?

Thanks,
Mike
You heat the hockey puck to go over your current tow point. When it cools it is stuck on there. You then drill down through the tow point to run the wires through the tower and mount the light on the hockey puck.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Once again, guys ........ This is THE REAL DEAL !

And if ya have not decided on this as your Mother's Day gift, then you've NOT been thinkin' clearly !

This mod should be NUMERO UNO on anyone's MUST DO list !

Once again, Thanks, Jeremy, for making this available to all of us. And glad you're here on this great forum !

Mikey Lulejian, Basking in the radiance of his own sunlight on Beautiful Lake Oconee, GA

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I vote for a nice go pro mount as well.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How much height does this add to the tower? I was planning on an 11' tall garage door and want to make sure this doesn't cause issues.

Thanks