• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery powered and hard wired LED tow point mount

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m expecting all of the parts to arrive this week. Here is the list I have so far.

User Name Option

drjames1107 3

Craig 3

Cowboy Casey 3

Gthunter5 3

MDBodnar 3

Gumbeaux 2

a-mac397 3

steined 3

0627devildog 3

In addition for all of us who don’t have a 242 I can include the ¾” grommet LED. Choose your color Red, Blue, Amber, or White. They are all clear when off and I can include it for $25.

Last edited:

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jeremy0011 have you seen the tow point kits on the New Scarab Boats? They look very similar to your design, might be something you want to look into since the Scarabs are new and you've been making these for a while now. I have a pic on the thread below.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/scarab-judgement-day-lake-lanier-may-30-31.2008/

It looks good; the only think that I have created is the mount and the method of attaching it to the current towers. The LED is off the shelf and you can also find them on the $130k Super Air Nautiques that I was drooling over this past weekend. Interesting that they would include a tower anchor light but not a permanently mounted navigation light.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok good news, just making sure we look out for each other!

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m expecting all of the parts to arrive this week. Here is the list I have so far.

User Name Option

drjames1107 3

Craig 3

Cowboy Casey 3

Gthunter5 3

MDBodnar 3

Gumbeaux 2

a-mac397 3

In addition for all of us who don’t have a 242 I can include the ¾” grommet LED. Choose your color Red, Blue, Amber, or White. They are all clear when off and I can include it for $25.
You forgot me for #3 :)

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put me down for an order on Option # 3.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the answers. I'm in for the #2 option!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where does the 3/4" grommet led mount?
Under the tow point in the tower tube as a 3/4" hole is required there to fish the line through.

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Where does the 3/4" grommet led mount?
The 242's have a Grommet LED in this location already so it's not needed, but everyone else will need to drill a access hole in the location shown below. You will want to drill this hole as close to the rear tube as possible to make drilling and pulling wires into the rear tube easy. You can then put the grommet LED on a second switch and light up the boat with it. I chose red to not mess up my night vision while out at night. It works very well and Looks awesome.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It would be useful to have a push button led so you could turn on/off. Maybe some kind of opaque cap would suffice in the event you wanted it off/blocked for some reason.

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I added a second switch to control it independently. But I like your idea on the push button LED I wonder if they make one that’s a grommet LED.

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My tow point light kits will be ready to ship out tomorrow Friday the 13th. I have sent PM’s to all of you on the list with payment information. Let me know if I missed you. If anyone else would like a kit I have several left.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone link to a tower wiring thread to assist with the install? I have searched here without success so far.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed my light and adapter but havent wired it yet. I'm having a hell of a time getting the hole drilled in the tower tube, inside the flat area where the tow point mounts. I think I drilled the access hole too far away so I may need to just cap that hole and try again on the top side. If you drill a hole on top make sure you seal the plug with some caulk or your tower will eventually fill with rain water.

Did you have any problems with this?

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed my light and adapter but havent wired it yet. I'm having a hell of a time getting the hole drilled in the tower tube, inside the flat area where the tow point mounts. I think I drilled the access hole too far away so I may need to just cap that hole and try again on the top side. If you drill a hole on top make sure you seal the plug with some caulk or your tower will eventually fill with rain water.

Did you have any problems with this?
A shop vac should pull a bit of frayed string through to get you started pulling wires.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What kind of string we talking about? Kite string maybe?

Sacamano

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I made a small tassel with some yarn.

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I need to stress the importance on drilling the ¾” access hole as close to the rear tube as possible or you will not be able to drill the second smaller hole into the rear tube. I made this mistake and after several hours of filing the inside of the first hole I was able to drill the rear tube. Had I been another 32nd away from the rear tube I would not have been able to drill the second hole. Here is a picture on the proper placement of the holes.