• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery powered and hard wired LED tow point mount

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup @jeremy0011 thats the exact mistake I made. Did you fill the larger hole then with a larger sized LED or plug?

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes I was able to use the 3/4" grommet LED to fill the hole. You can’t tell I almost screwed up but it was close.

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can I get wires at auto parts store?
Yes any auto parts store should have wire that will work. I would recommend a 3 conductor 18 gauge cable. I can put a wiring kit together for you if needed but it will take some time. We are camping and boating until July 7th.

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m currently working on a few options that will make installing the tow point light much easier.

1. For the guys with the 242’s I’m working on a simple circuit that will allow you to use the existing wires that power the courtesy light’s in the tower already. This circuit will allow you to turn on the tow point light and courtesy lights independently using the existing courtesy light switch. This option should be ready in 2 weeks or less.

2. I’m also working on a battery powered light option that uses the Navi Light 360 as the light. My adaptor will have magnets imbedded like the Navi Lights base. This will mean no wires to run just install the adaptor and apply the light. I should have a working example by the end of next week. You can check out the Navi Light 360 by clicking the link below.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Put me down for the circuit! I was planning on just tapping into those lines, but if you have something better for that I'm all aboard.

Gthunter5

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I've got it installed and working. I was gonna just run some tidy conduit behind my fish finder but realized the wires are in the way of the boat cover. I gotta Run the wires into the forward part of the tower come out and drill through

Anyone know of a grommet that will work well? There's 4 wires. I was thinking to put them in conduit and run the conduit thru the hull.

Attachments

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jeremy is THE BOMB !!!!!!!!

Jeremy ......... Put me down as #1 for both of the new mods ........ The Light AND the adapter.

Happy to pay in advance !!!!!!!!!

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok I've got it installed and working. I was gonna just run some tidy conduit behind my fish finder but realized the wires are in the way of the boat cover. I gotta Run the wires into the forward part of the tower come out and drill through

Anyone know of a grommet that will work well? There's 4 wires. I was thinking to put them in conduit and run the conduit thru the hull.

I would use something like this with 2 grommets on each end
http://www.amazon.com/Techflex-Expandable-Sleeving-ft-Black/dp/B004GE16MC/ref=pd_sim_e_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=114BRAJS35ZC62AQBHK9

here is how i installed mine

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have made a circuit board that will allow the 242 owners to install and control one of my light kits without running new wires. This circuit will allow you to control the new anchor light and the courtesy lights independently. By toggling the courtesy light switch you can toggle through all three modes (only anchor light, only courtesy lights, or both anchor light and courtesy lights). This circuit is very small 0.5” x 1” and is installed behind the courtesy lights inside the tower. The price is based on how many boards I have produced. I’m curious if anyone would be interested in this circuit.

This weekend I will have a working demo of the new tow point adaptor with magnets installed to work with the Navi Light 360 light. This will allow you to install a tow point light without drilling the tower. Is anyone interested in this option?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I love that Navisafe Navi 360 light, Jeremy !@

I'll take 1 of your new adapters for SURE, ASAP !

Are you gonna be able to supply the 360 light as well ?

Best Wishes and sincere thanks for all of thse super kewl mods you bring us, Jeremy @!
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I can include the Navi 360 light for a additional $85 however it will take up to a week to ship as I can not afford to have lots of inventory on hand.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
you should kickstarter this and set the value at like 3K. There are enough Yamaha boat owners out there that would back you. For example, if you set the reward as an electronic kit + your tower pylon adapter and LED light for 140$ investment, you would likely get well over 25 people to invest. That gives you initial capital to work with for inventory and then charge 175$ for the kit afterward.

That said, I have the tower pylon adapter and LED light, I just need the light kit circuit board that you have created. I don't want to run new wires, I was actually planning on just tapping into the LED lines that were there for the other lights and using them as my anchor light, but it sounds like your light kit circuit board is much better.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I may be interested in this circuit board.

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m currently working on a few options that will make installing the tow point light much easier.

1. For the guys with the 242’s I’m working on a simple circuit that will allow you to use the existing wires that power the courtesy light’s in the tower already. This circuit will allow you to turn on the tow point light and courtesy lights independently using the existing courtesy light switch. This option should be ready in 2 weeks or less.

2. I’m also working on a battery powered light option that uses the Navi Light 360 as the light. My adaptor will have magnets imbedded like the Navi Lights base. This will mean no wires to run just install the adaptor and apply the light. I should have a working example by the end of next week. You can check out the Navi Light 360 by clicking the link below.
X2 . This is what I used, I just have the base glued to the tower tow
Point, anytime I need it I just bring it out and pop it into place ( strong magnet). The light has multiple light setting features which is cool too.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Although I'm not an AR driver I like the idea of getting the anchor light higher than the factory mount. Like @steined I was also curious as to what this mod adds to overall height for garage and bridge concerns. Nice work @jeremy0011.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Although I'm not an AR driver I like the idea of getting the anchor light higher than the factory mount. Like @steined I was also curious as to what this mod adds to overall height for garage and bridge concerns. Nice work @jeremy0011.
I asked the same question. The answer was it adds 2.2" so 2.5" just to be safe.

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I wanted to give you guys an update. I have been successful with modifying my current adaptor to accept the new Navisafe 360 battery powered LED light. This adaptor installs just like my original adaptor but requires no drilling or running wires. It also has the mounting holes if you want to switch to the wired option later. If you haven’t seen the Navisafe 360 it’s a very high quality light, check out the link below. I have a limited number of Navisafe lights and can include one with your order for $85 plus the adaptor $89

Also I have received the first batch of my custom printed 2 sided circuit boards. For those of you with the 242 and don’t want to run new wires, the circuit will allow you to toggle between the courtesy lights and anchor light or both without running new wires. You will just need to install 1 small circuit board behind the 3 courtesy light locations in the tower. They are very small see below. I just need to finish installing the components on the boards but it will need to wait until next week. Have a great weekend I'm off to the lake.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know I already have an adaptor, but I'd like to order this wireless one as well now that you have it modified. Can you send me a PM with instructions to order another that includes this new wireless LED?

The Wanderer2

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm also interested in the adaptor and new wireless LED light. If my math is correct the total price would be $174. Please let me know how to order the adapter and new wieless light?