• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery powered and hard wired LED tow point mount

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe he said it was 2 1/2 inches. The light is actually much smaller than it looks. If someone was not looking for it, they might not even know you did this mod until it got dark out.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will this work on a 2014 AR192? Asking for a buddy.

Sacamano

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed one of these last year and it is my favorite mod.

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I really like this idea, but I am confused by the pictures above: does the light simply mount on to of the existing tow point, or is it somehow modified to mount the light...?

Thanks,

Mike

Like davel501 said the adaptor slides over the top ball portion of the tow point. You use the adaptor as a guide to drill straight through your tow point.

How much height does this add to the tower? I was planning on an 11' tall garage door and want to make sure this doesn't cause issues.

Thanks

It adds just over 2 inches to the height of the tower.

Will this work on a 2014 AR192? Asking for a buddy.

Yes it will work.

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For anyone interested I just got back from the machine shop and unfortunately it will be the middle of June before the adaptors are ready. I’m going to push them to have them ready sooner. I will let you guys know as soon as I have more info.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Possibly a stupid question here, but would this fit a 2005 AR230HO tower? I don't have access to the tower right now, but would also like to do this upgrade...

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry it will not fit the older style tow points. Their was someone on the other fourm that had a kit for your boat but he didn't have enough interest to keep making them.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jeremy's "kits" are DA BOMB !!!!

So well-worth your time & effort ! (and $).

Happy Memorial Day to all !!!!!

I'll be on my wonderful Seadoo IBR 'skiis !!! Gonna be 93 here today and tomorrow !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

JET SKI.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, you also, Gthnter ! ........... Y'all probably read all about the gruesome (wut appears to be a) Premediated "hit" on 2 retired people in "Reynolds Plantation."

We TRY and be nice to everyone so things like that won't happen to us. Hey ! Y'll play SAFELY this weekend !
Mikey (and Barbie) Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

MDBodnar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll sign up for Option #3, thanks!

Mike

MDBodnar at hotmail

flyin_dutchman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Please let me know when you're ready again in June. Option #3 awaiting on '08 212X.....

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Please let me know when you're ready again in June. Option #3 awaiting on '08 212X.....
Sorry my adaptor will not fit the older tow points. It only fits the 1 piece solid aluminum tow point. Aaron on the other site has a solution for your tow point.

I just spoke to the machine shop owner and he told me the adaptors will be ready by next Friday the 14th. I will start putting a list together of those who want the kit and sending out PM's next week. I would like to ship everyone's adaptor the day I receive them.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Two topics with questions:

1-There were some questions about being able to run the wires entirely in the tower. Any hard results on this from anyone? Otherwise what is the ideal method to wire it? It's not clear to me what the inside of the tower is like. Do you just run it inside the tower until you reach one of those cross braces and then you run it out and around and back in the tower? Are you then just connecting to the existing nav light switch? Is that easy to figure out in the back of the control panel?

2-Is there still opportunity to get in on this June production run? Pending some comforting answers to question #1 above, I would like to get the mount with the 2 mile LED anchor light.

Nice mod!

a-mac397

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in for option #3 please. Thanks for putting these kits together Jeremy.

Adam

jeremy0011

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Two topics with questions:

1-There were some questions about being able to run the wires entirely in the tower. Any hard results on this from anyone? Otherwise what is the ideal method to wire it? It's not clear to me what the inside of the tower is like. Do you just run it inside the tower until you reach one of those cross braces and then you run it out and around and back in the tower? Are you then just connecting to the existing nav light switch? Is that easy to figure out in the back of the control panel?

2-Is there still opportunity to get in on this June production run? Pending some comforting answers to question #1 above, I would like to get the mount with the 2 mile LED anchor light.

Nice mod!

Yes you can easily run the wires inside the tower out of sight. The hardest part for 242 owners is getting the wires from the main tube into the small area where the tow point is located. A few people were patient enough to use the existing courtesy light wires to fish the new wires with out drilling new holes. Others have drilled a 3/4 access hole out of sight on top of the tower to gain access to where the wires need to enter that area, then plug it with a 3/4 grommet plug. Other than that it's just like a standard tower speaker installation. Maybe some 242 owners can chime in and shed some light on the installation process. The electrical connections are very easy you just connect it to the existing switch.

I'll add you to the list I have several kits available.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length