• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Great Loop 2019 Week Long Trip (Portage, IN to St.Luis-ish) Date June 29th to July 4th

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@bronze_10 No :mad: but I (am working on) have now posted a web review for them... ;):mooning:
Google Lamb's Yacht Center and look at their reviews if you're interested.

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No extra takers yet, @Betik .
It will happen. Remember Field of Dreams - If you build it, they will come... :)
RAMBO III
  • Time -
  • 00:26:08 He sent only five.

• 00:26:12 His greatest five, and they won.

• 00:26:15 He said, it's better to send five lions than 500 sheep.

• 00:26:19 - What do you think of this? - I think the King was lucky.

• 00:26:24 - How much longer till the village? - About two hours.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got an update from the shop today, most parts have arrived, and he has started taking the old engines out.
Found the water heater to be in not so great condition. But since we have never used it - and can't think of a situation we would - we will leave it in for now. We'll spend the $500 to replace it when we feel we need it.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
While he was at it, I asked the shop to look at the generator which had stopped working last year. Based on the symptoms I suspected a fuel related issue.
Low and behold, the fuel pump had failed. It's replaced, and the genny is purring again.
The engines are close to being completed and ready to go in.
Can't wait for spring to get here...

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JeffVans here is an alternative trip to Bimini for 2019. Although if you can make it to Bimini you should.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@JeffVans here is an alternative trip to Bimini for 2019. Although if you can make it to Bimini you should.
I don't know what I'm doing yet, but will most likely be blue water. I completely forgot about a hog hunting trip in GA that I'm supposed to do in Feb, so now I have to budget my $$ and leave time based on that. hahaha

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hog hunting in GA should be inexpensive. Farmers will let you hunt hogs on their land for free. Not an excuse to not go on a boating trip... :D:D:D

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well my repower is completed. While they were at it, I also had them do a full buff and wax. The shop took her out last Friday and she ran like a top! She is now winterized again and shrinkwrapped, waiting for warmer days.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik you guys may want to consider moving up or pushing back your late June Early July trip as two locks will only be operating at night and with commercial traffic getting first priority it may be extremely difficult to get through them. Luckily for us we ended at the Starved Rock Dam so we can start just below it for our second half of our trip.

Starved Rock & Marseilles Lock and Dam – Bulkhead Recess Installation

• Partial Closure scheduled June 1-July 3 and July 8-Aug. 16
    • Locks operational from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. with a 70-ft width restriction and no ability to pull unpowered barges.
  • Full Closure scheduled Aug. 16-Aug.30

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thank you for the heads up. I have spoken with @Berrie on the phone and we have decided to cancel the trip. I will tag along with @swatski et al. ( if you will have me August trip).