• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The great sell off of 2020

Priceisright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome to the great boat sell off of 2020. I live in Northern, Ohio and the market is starting to flood! Anyone else seeing the same?

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Not in Atlanta yet, if your looking for a get boat.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not seeing anything reasonably priced yet in central Indiana.. A few more for sale, but way to high. Im hopeful tho.. Got about 5 months to find that perfect deal.. perfect to me at least.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm seeing a lot of new listings, but everyone is hoping to get a lot of money. I just listed my Superjet for a little high price and its quiet. The jet ski mechanic says "last month there would've been a bid war. you're too late. wait until spring"

Priceisright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm seeing a lot of new listings, but everyone is hoping to get a lot of money. I just listed my Superjet for a little high price and its quiet. The jet ski mechanic says "last month there would've been a bid war. you're too late. wait until spring"
I agree, as long as you have no significant storage expenses, I’d wait to sell.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In CA all I’m seeing is older pwcs, very few newer models or any modern jet boats. The initial asking price on all uses pwcs is ridiculous, as in 150% to 200% of the current NADA value.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seeing a lot of bigger cruisers, houseboats and performance boats listed right around lake Cumberland. If someone is looking for an upgrade it looks like the owner of MYWAY is looking to sell to build a new one....not a jet boat but it is running Turbine Engines so more Jet than boat, lol 2008 Outerlimits 48 Cat BPOW48003 | Lake Cumberland Marine

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is starting here in Michigan....

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My bet is that people just figured out they need to do something other than store them in the yard with no cover for the winter. I predict the colder you are right now the more you will be having people listing...

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After 3 months with 0 payments the reality has set in they actually have to pay for those 50+ thousand dollar boats. And maybe didn't get the use out of a large payment.
Many Covid lockdowns are over and next year should hopefully be a better year

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Seeing a lot of bigger cruisers, houseboats and performance boats listed right around lake Cumberland. If someone is looking for an upgrade it looks like the owner of MYWAY is looking to sell to build a new one....not a jet boat but it is running Turbine Engines so more Jet than boat, lol 2008 Outerlimits 48 Cat BPOW48003 | Lake Cumberland Marine
@bthessel .....went right past that boat today. It's owned by Bill Tomlinson of Tomlinson Trucking Ontario, Canada. I used to live down the river from him on the Rideau River. He still has a house there and also now a huge mansion on the St. lawrence. His wife has a big cruiser she keeps in the Turks & Caicos called "Her Way"......BTW "My Way" was involved in a serious accident a few years ago. I may still have pictures of that.

Justin2431

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
“New boat buyer here”. On a wait list with refundable deposit for my AR195. Do you guys think hold out another month or so and I may see deals? If so what can someone expect? Don’t mind buying in the winter. Each industry is different and being new just don’t know what to expect with boats. I’m in the same boat and have a feeling the market will flood especially when Yamaha gets there windshields in.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Justin2431 A month or two, I doubt it. There is still a long back log of people waiting on their new boats. There will be no "Flooding" of new boats in the Market for Yamaha since every boat is already assumably spoken for. Maybe spring on a new boat. Also the less expensive the boat the more demand. Time will tell. See what happens this winter.

On a used boat I would say that the prices will start coming down consistently as more come on the market in areas.

Justin2431

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cannot make a single dealer move on anything MSRP and then $3,000 for set up and delivery. Flood please come 🤣🤞🏻

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The problem is that a lot of those who are not boaters and just want a boat will buy from a Dealer new, rather than go through the process of buying used. It happens all the time. They will continue to keep demand up for some time.

It is easier to walk into a boat dealer, fill out finance paperwork get approved and order or take delivery of your boat, than to determine fair price, have an inspection done, get clear title from someone else, pay off the sellers note, etc. etc.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cannot make a single dealer move on anything MSRP and then $3,000 for set up and delivery. Flood please come 🤣🤞🏻
You are talking to the wrong dealers. Yamaha dealers must think they have some type of rare exotic boat. I had the same thing happen when the Jeep Gladiator was brand new and I was looking to buy one, dealers were selling MSRP and above, I found a dealer that would actually work with me and I was able to get a fair trade in and get the Gladiator for under invoice. I'm in the process a buying a 2021 Mastercraft and I found a dealer that is willing to work with me, they are giving me a deal that 2 other dealers in my area will not come close to. They aren't charging freight or prep (usually $1900.00), they are throwing in 2 options for free and are going to winterize the boat for free after I do the delivery test drive next month. They are also going to do the 25hr service for free next year, this is a 4 hour service.
The problem is that dealers need to understand that things aren't going to be like this forever and consumers have a long memory of who treated them well and who treated them like shit when it comes to buying new boat.

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can see the sell off happening in the NJ tri-state area but the prices are still inflated.
As an example a 2018 AR210 just listed for $40k. A brand new 2021 MSRP is 46999 and is 3 model years newer with warranty. I think that it's probably really worth ~$35K.