• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Lily Camera

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So what is the real story here. They never shipped Lily 1.0 and refunded a fair amount of your investment. But they are now claiming to be shipping the new version of that drone?

I just got corrected on a snowmobile forum, that Lily is currently shipping the new version of their drone after leaving all of their early investors on the 1.0 version high and dry. They say shipping two different packages. But at this point, who do you trust.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I haven’t heard that a new version of the lily has been release or will be soon. The company that was supposed to produce the lily has gone out of business and is formally bankrupt. I have been getting regular notices on the hearings for about a year now but was surprised when the check actually showed up in the mail since I did not see it coming based on what the updates said. I all it cost me $15 and about 2 years of waiting (1 for the drone and 1 for the partial refund) to be disappointed. I count myself and others in this situation lucky because we got most of our money back. As far as I can tell if this was truly crowd funded and not a pre production sale most if not all of us could have receieved no refund at all.

If a new lily like bird is available I’d buy it only if I could have one within the week and it was under $1k. There is a competitor to the air dog ii that I’m waiting on, the Stakker (sp?) but it is not yet available so the “crowd funded cost is $1,200. I’mwilling to pay the anticipated $1,600 retail cost if/when it becomes available.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tha nks for the link @biffdotorg . I took at look at the video and specs and dont think this nee lily is for me. Badically its just another drone now competing with the likes of the dji spark and other traditional drones with less than the highest resolution cameras. What i like about the original version was that it was truely a flying follow me action camera that did mot require the user to fly it so much. I also like they it was water resistant, could float and spun up and took off by thowing it in the air. The new lily has none of these features.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would imagine they probably sold their patent, name, IP, etc. as part of the bankruptcy to pay back the crowd funders. The name had a pretty big following from what I've heard and this new company may be playing on the free name recognition.