• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Lily Camera

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine is on order.

image.jpg

Tic, toc, tic ....

@GiddYupJoe , damn you and thank you.

@Julian , According to my research there is a dedicated landing button on the remote. Source: yahoo news story on trying out the Lily prototype in central park New York.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is video of the Lily demo in Central Park

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is video of the Lily demo in Central Park

Are all quads this loud?
Also noticed that it has a large antenna in this shot, and didn't seem to perform the spiral move.... (thus the "oh come on" comment)....cool but clearly a few kinks need to be ironed out.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't speak to all quads but the phantom 1 and 2 seem to be as loud too me. The 1 has 8 inch blades and the 2 9 inch blades whose shape has been optimized to increase flight time according to DJI.

I didn't see the video until now, just read a blurb on it. Thanks @Bruce .

I'd feel better if it was revealed and reviewed at CES and I question its ability to spin up before its hits the ground on a toss launch but I guess and hope I will find out on or before March 2016.

The air dog ships in September, supposedly. Only 3 months later than projected, so far.

Hmmm ....

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really debating on pre ordering this. Probably will pre-order on June 15th at 11:59pm before the $499.00 deal ends. Debating the best way to tell my accountant (wife) how great this would be to get awesome video of the family on the boat.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just show Her the video and the discounted price but not the expected ship date.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Very cool but by the time is ships or doesn't, you don't even have any recourse via your credit card. It could be as simple as "sorry, we spent all the money on development and it didn't work out"

I think I would just pay the final price with some "insurance" it's not wasted.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You would think the big boy in the drone market, DJI, is developing something as we write. I don't think we are going to wait long for this technology.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would pass on this first release and wait until DJI integrates it into their quads. Then you'll have a full feature quad with the option to have it auto follow you.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The phantom 3 has follow me capability but it's not waterproof and does not float. The controls are also more conventional. I look at the lily and air dog as the drone for the masses, those that want the shots without the learning curve Associated with flying an rc helicopter.

I can fly fine but flying and filming at the same time Is challenging especially when you and the subject are moving in different directions. I bet these new follow me drones will open up videography to a lot more people. Cost is fairly cheap for a lily. Think about it, A gopro 4 black costs just as much as a lily right now. I am confident that I will get it just not that it will be in February 2016.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are all quads this loud?
Also noticed that it has a large antenna in this shot, and didn't seem to perform the spiral move.... (thus the "oh come on" comment)....cool but clearly a few kinks need to be ironed out.
My phantom makes noise, but nowhere near as loud as that thing.

Sorry, sending them $500 on a product that could be easily beat in 9 months. Nope, you are not saving enough to justify that decision. What's the worst case, they cost $699 next year? Heck, they may not even be ready for primetime until 6-9 months after shipping the first revision.

I will stick by my point made on another thread, these guys are great marketers who are looking to be acquired by a much larger player for their proprietary technology. The hyped up video that has made it to threads like this and the MSN homepage were animated mock ups. There is no way those were the real drone after seeing the video posted above.

I will give them credit for creating a nice marketing piece to drum up some pre-orders for capital. Other than that, I don't need to fund someone's beta testing for very little benefit to me. I wish them luck, as I feel it if very cool tech.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks cool. I have been wanting a drone but I want one I can fly and control rather than follow me around. With Fed-Ex now having the OK from the Feds to experiment with drones I wonder what new capabilities will come out of that and overall lower cost as well.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm having a blast with the Phantom 2 Vision...the Team Mom on my grandson's ball team wants copies of all the stuff I shoot for their website.

I want to do a "Run around the bases" with close-ups of the kids at their positions...should be fun.

anderson park.JPG

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im all in... Except for the charge time. 2 hours is brutal! Needs to be a 30 min turnaround.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm having a blast with the Phantom 2 Vision...the Team Mom on my grandson's ball team wants copies of all the stuff I shoot for their website.

I want to do a "Run around the bases" with close-ups of the kids at their positions...should be fun.

View attachment 22239
Now that is what I would want to do. My niece is on an all star team now and it would be so cool!

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I preordered a Lily today. I dont necessarily disagree with some of the comments here regarding the long wait and the possibility that something else comes out in the meantime, delays, or worse. If it works as marketed I am going to be very happy with it and at $499 seemed like an ok risk. I'm not a photographer and dont want to be. I dont own a GoPro. Neither am I interested in a new drone piloting hobby. But with this cam I can let the machine do the work and capture some nice shots. If it wasnt waterproof and able to float there is no way I'd have purchased it. I'm most excited about getting some cool perspective videos on my fishing trips, wakeboard runs and family lake time/boating. The charge time is easily the biggest downside to the design, followed by low speed and no obstacle avoidance. That being said, $499 is a great price for what it is (assuming it actually works as marketed).

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Eager to see this thing when it finally releases. Anyone wonder why GoPro hasn't announced one?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Thanks @GiddYupJoe. Guess I should have looked before I posted. Looks like a blast!