• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

the new scarab model with the tailgate was at the boat show tonight

Mattkalin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for Posting these Pics. I went to the Chicago Boat Show this weekend and they had a Black/Green one that I fell hard for. I will be getting quotes on this boat this week.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We attended the Cincinnati (pontoon) Boat Show this morning. Way too many pontoon boats and not enough bowriders, but it was still a good time to get out of the cold rain and dream about summer.

My wife absolutely loved the Scarab 255 Wake. I have to admit that it sure seemed to have a lot more room than our 2007 AR230 and the 2017 Yamaha 242x. I wasn't crazy about having 1 throttle, but I can see where it would occasionally have advantages over the 2 that our boat has. The deal breaker for me is no clean out ports. We boat on the Ohio River near Cincinnati and there is always some type of debris in the water. At least 5 or 6 times per year I can't get a piece of wood unstuck and have to go back and pry and dig it out. I would be very worried going out on the river after a rain without cleanout ports.

Bottom line, if the Scarab 255 Wake had clean out ports I would most likely pick it over the Yamaha 242x.

Here's hoping Yamaha comes out with a 25 or 26 foot boat in the next couple of years.

EDIT: One other note. The boat we saw had the supercharged 250 hp engines that I imagine would be pretty quick. But man that engine compartment seemed really cramped compared to our Yamaha.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The price tags on these new boats are getting outrageous, makes me feel a lot better about spending close to 100K on our new Corvette Lol.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We attended the Cincinnati (pontoon) Boat Show this morning. Way too many pontoon boats and not enough bowriders, but it was still a good time to get out of the cold rain and dream about summer.

My wife absolutely loved the Scarab 255 Wake. I have to admit that it sure seemed to have a lot more room than our 2007 AR230 and the 2017 Yamaha 242x. I wasn't crazy about having 1 throttle, but I can see where it would occasionally have advantages over the 2 that our boat has. The deal breaker for me is no clean out ports. We boat on the Ohio River near Cincinnati and there is always some type of debris in the water. At least 5 or 6 times per year I can't get a piece of wood unstuck and have to go back and pry and dig it out. I would be very worried going out on the river after a rain without cleanout ports.

Bottom line, if the Scarab 255 Wake had clean out ports I would most likely pick it over the Yamaha 242x.

Here's hoping Yamaha comes out with a 25 or 26 foot boat in the next couple of years.

EDIT: One other note. The boat we saw had the supercharged 250 hp engines that I imagine would be pretty quick. But man that engine compartment seemed really cramped compared to our Yamaha.
Great post! I think those Scarabs and Chaps are pretty amazing looking boats, and yes they have more spacious cockpit for sure. Yamaha's bow space is unmatched, but I too would rather have it back there.

One major advantage of the 24 new Yammies is the keel, really changes everything as far as handling. Those really handle more like "traditional boats w/jet propulsion" than old school jet boats.

I believe there will be a 26ft in the Yamaha lineup fairly soon, but I think it will be a CC.
The big question is if they would put two SVHOs into a single hull. So far they have refuted the idea because of the fuel consumption, but a 26fter would accommodate a larger tank, so who knows.

--

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great post! I think those Scarabs and Chaps are pretty amazing looking boats, and yes they have more spacious cockpit for sure. Yamaha's bow space is unmatched, but I too would rather have it back there.

One major advantage of the 24 new Yammies is the keel, really changes everything as far as handling. Those really handle more like "traditional boats w/jet propulsion" than old school jet boats.

I believe there will be a 26ft in the Yamaha lineup fairly soon, but I think it will be a CC.
The big question is if they would put two SVHOs into a single hull. So far they have refuted the idea because of the fuel consumption, but a 26fter would accommodate a larger tank, so who knows.

--
The dealer said that they would have a demo day coming up this spring where I could come and drive the 255 on the river. He bragged about the control the reverse gates have because they direct the water to the sides and back instead of straight backwards like the Yamaha gates. I would absolutely love to test drive this boat, but I would feel bad doing it knowing that there is 0% chance that I would buy it. We just aren't at a spot in our lives for a new boat. With 3 kids who love Cheetos and Skittles, there is NO WAY I would buy a new boat right now.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cheetos and Skittles...those are 'walk the gangplank' words.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--
I hope your right on the 26 ft boat hopefully on more of offshore capable hull I don't think we will see it this boat just isn't marketed that way they would really have to reinforce the hull for that to happen. A 26 ft on similar platform they have right now would still be nice.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I walked on a 195 scarab last weekend here cleveland at the boat show. If i remember the sticker was 35499.00. Its an interesting boat but some things I didnt like were I grabbed the t top like I do on my fsh on the back to step into the boat and it moved. The big knob for tilting the t top got me not once but twice in the hip. The front deck seems to be a tad low from what I felt was comfortable. Then the "enclosed head compartment" I sure didnt like the feeling being in there with the front only partially closed. Just a few things that caught my attention.

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length