• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

the new scarab model with the tailgate was at the boat show tonight

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was a neat little boat and looked well put together. I did forget to look at the boat show price sorry guys.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love that sea foam green color.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This dealer at the show also sold Yamaha boats. They only had a AR195 at the show. They had the scarab 255 there and my better half was all over that thing. It was a sharp boat as well. I did catch the price on it at $74,000. I fell in love with a Sea Hunt Gamefish 25 that was there that was at a hell of price at $81,000 but really didn't fit our lifestyle but still would be an awesome boat. The Scarab manufacture rep was there I told him to check out this site he was fascinated by our Bimini trip this site pulls off and my stories of going to Exuma last year.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Thanks for posting! needed some good boating news tonight.
Those side panels look like the new material/extra-thick SeaDek that @JetBoatPilot is starting to offer. I've never seen it up close but may redo my swim deck with those mats, I think it is fantastic.
On the other hand, I remain totally unconvinced about the snap on sea mat floor panels.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know exactly what you are talking about with the Scarab 255! And I'm glad I bought the Yammie when I did. These were not yet on the radar, I would have had such a hard deciding, not sure what would I do:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know exactly what you are talking about with the Scarab 255! And I'm glad I bought the Yammie when I did. These were not yet on the radar, I would have had such a hard deciding, not sure what would I do:
Hopefully she doesn't see that starting price or I may have a battle on my hands lol. At the 70k price tag it was pretty easy to get her to walk away from it but if it would have even been 60k she may have been the one buying a boat lol

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully she doesn't see that starting price or I may have a battle on my hands lol. At the 70k price tag it was pretty easy to get her to walk away from it but if it would have even been 60k she may have been the one buying a boat lol
Well, you are gonna need a two boat garage. LOL.

--

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I need you to look at 23' or 25' Tidewater LXF haha.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2nazt There were no Tidewaters at my show but there should be some when I'm at the Charleston show in three weeks. The problem is the boss and I have very differing ideas on what boat works for us. She had disappeared for a bit and when I caught her she dragged me over to a 21ft I/O Chaparral that she liked which met none of our needs but she thought it was pretty. Thats the problem is she sees the bow riders and the are all nice and well refined she see's the offshore boats as plain and basic. What I really need to do is set up a couple sea trails and see if that changes her mind if it doesn't it may be the 2017 red AR240 for me which I won't complain about either. My local Yamaha dealer has already said they would basically give me what I'm trying to sell my boat for in trade in so if I go that route its easy but still really think i would like a outboard with a deep vhull. The Chaparral Suncoast 250 has come into play as well and I would probably be ok with that as well and it may be a compromise boat but who wants to compromise on a $60k+ toy purchase.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Almost forgot not sure where this came from at the show but someone threw it in our bag of goodies I thought it was hilarious when I got home I need to go back tomorrow and see if I can grab a few more it was either the scdnr booth or sea tow I believe who gave it to us.

image.jpeg

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It looks like making use of the drop down swim deck for water activities could be a bit uncomfortable. The less than finger width lip running around it will likley be unkind to feet, knees, and behinds.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know about you all but I am just now a fan of the bow area for scarab and Chaparall. They seem so tight space. Love the big area the yammi bows provide. And NO I am not bias! :cool::p:cool::p

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like making use of the drop down swim deck for water activities could be a bit uncomfortable. The less than finger width lip running around it will likley be unkind to feet, knees, and behinds.
I wasn't going to comment on that, but since you brought this up...

The real dumb a$$ thing is: with that cute little tailgate deployed, you can not access the ladder... :rolleyes:

I don't get it how these Rotax boat companies are trying to evolve. They are the best looking boats in the jet boat realm, no doubt. But I think they are trying too hard.

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know about you all but I am just now a fan of the bow area for scarab and Chaparall. They seem so tight space. Love the big area the yammi bows provide. And NO I am not bias! :cool::p:cool::p
I can tell you in the scarab 255 the bow was definitely not as wide as my 240 bow but it was a lot deeper I would feel more comfortable with little kids upfront in that boat then mine but it def was not as roomy.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can tell you in the scarab 255 the bow was definitely not as wide as my 240 bow but it was a lot deeper I would feel more comfortable with little kids upfront in that boat then mine but it def was not as roomy.
Those Scarabs and Chaparrals are deeper, I noticed that, too. Which is weird given Yamaha new hulls' high freeboard... Do the new larger Rotax boats like Scarab 255 have scuppers? Or are they made like most wake/ski boats, no scupper.

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those Scarabs and Chaparrals are deeper, I noticed that, too. Which is weird given Yamaha new hulls' high freeboard... Do the new larger Rotax boats like Scarab 255 have scuppers? Or are they made like most wake/ski boats, no scupper.

--
It had two floor drains at the back and all the storage compartments and coolers were self draining but I honestly for got to ask of they drain overboard or into the bilge.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It had two floor drains at the back and all the storage compartments and coolers were self draining but I honestly for got to ask of they drain overboard or into the bilge.
Yeah, and now I'm really curious about that. I LOVE the plush feeling of the deep seating in Chaps and Scarabs, I think Yamaha really lacks there big time. I actually think it got kind of worse or more "spartan" in the newest models, the 2009-before Yammies where the most cushy I think.
But, having a scupper is a must in a small vessel, if you want to be in rough water.

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, and now I'm really curious about that. I LOVE the plush feeling of the deep seating in Chaps and Scarabs, I think Yamaha really lacks there big time. I actually think it got kind of worse or more "spartan" in the newest models, the 2009-before Yammies where the most cushy I think.
But, having a scupper is a must in a small vessel, if you want to be in rough water.

--
I agree I would never buy a boat that's main cockpit drain function is in to the bilge.