• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Ropeless POWER of the Slingshot COASTER

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Finally got to try the Coaster, however didn’t have time to set up the ballast bag.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Finally got back out on the lake today, and got that video evidence. Not the prettiest of
Were you riding the board backwards?

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just picked up this Connelly Ride 5’2” on a deal from academy this past weekend. It has one pretty good nick on the side that led to an additional 20%... Wanted to get some opinions on how this compares to the Coaster? Also what repair method is recommended and would it hurt to use prior to the repair...? Or would I be better off seeking a warranty claim with Connelly than trying to repair...

Attachments

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just picked up this Connelly Ride 5’2” on a deal from academy this past weekend. It has one pretty good nick on the side that led to an additional 20%... Wanted to get some opinions on how this compares to the Coaster? Also what repair method is recommended and would it hurt to use prior to the repair...? Or would I be better off seeking a warranty claim with Connelly than trying to repair...
I haven't been on the Connelly Ride, though I think others here have. I think I recall seeing them have success on it. Besides length and width, I couldn't find any info on the weight, volume to compare. The shape seems similar. The construction is different. Most all are foam core, but the shell on the Connelly is a thermo fused shell vs the epoxy coated type construction of the Coaster. The epoxy can be repaired with an epoxy filler, I'm not sure the exact way to go about repairing the shell in the Connelly. YouTube might have some tutorial. You don't want to get water inside the foam core if you can avoid it, though I'm not sure it would cause much harm. Judging by a similar construction O'Brien board, I would expect the Connelly to be heavier. It seems like it would be pretty capable.

I'm a bit of a broken record when it comes to my opinion of the Coaster. I need a few more customers to chime in with their testimonials/ reviews.

I'm totally biased because I sell the Slingshot board, though I still try to give an honest and objective review of every board. The Coaster just so happens to be one of the great ones. It soaks up every little bit of push the wave has to offer and makes it available to the rider. The speed makes it very forgiving if you stumble a bit. It's nice to be on a board that doesn't make you work very hard. Besides all the technical it's a fun board to ride. It handles great and will progress with your wave and your riding. We really like it.

Last edited:

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the honest tips I’m going to try and seal the gash and get out this weekend or next to see how we do; not much expectation yet as still very novice... Going to work on just getting up and set on a wave before we invest in a wake booster... Got the board for a price I couldn’t turn down sub $200 after additional discount to see before I go up to a $500-$600 board...

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In a interesting turn of events. Our stock was running low on some of our wakesurfers. We had just sold our last Coaster 5'0" Saturday. I requested an inventory list from my rep Monday because we had the intention of buying up a bunch more inventory as we are approach the end of season. Last year Sept we bought up all the remaining 5'3" Coasters and much of the 5'0" inventory and hosted a big SURFtember sale. It wasn't until May this year that Slingshot sold out of the last of their 2019 stock.

Long story short, as we were considering our inventory purchase today we got an email from our rep telling us, their "inventory had shifted" and they're now sold out of ALL if their 2020 wakesurfer inventory. As in ALL. OF. THEM. Inventory was thinning early, but there were 65 of just the few Coaster varieties in stock yesterday... someone with deep pockets just invested in what was probably 200+ wakesurf boards. It was unexpected and I'm kicking myself for not being quick enough with our order. Pretty disappointing...

So, as far as the Slingshot wakesurfers are concerned, what we have in inventory is all we'll have until the 2121 models become available in November... 4 - 5'3" Coasters, 1 - Coaster XR and a few of the other models.

To make things even more interesting. The only Slingshot Wakesurf board carrying over to 2121 will be the Coaster. They're introducing an entirely new lineup of wakesurf boards. They'll debut the end of August and be available in Nov. I'm torn because the current lineup is amazing, but I'm excited to see what they're cooking up.

Last edited:

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well got it repaired and sealed with plastic weld around the area with the gash after smoothing it out some... seemed to go pretty well and learning to pull up the wife and got the hang of things. Did find that our center locker bag has a quarter to half dollar size hole in it as it was leaking immediately upon fill and continued a steady stream the entire time so get to deal with Yamaha warranty again yay!

A6861242-D9C9-4A1F-91B9-984029E258BC.jpeg