• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

There Goes My Marina

Holy Mackerel!!

I wouldn't have stood on that dock under that roof to make that video though. I guess I've seen enough buildings collapse under snow load to realize that once things start twisting, those roofs can come down pretty quick.

Eh, just don't breathe or move and you will be fine. ;)

All very scary. Even scarier when you start thinking about how to SAFELY extract the remaining boats or parts of boats...

Good news. Think I found a slip at a different marina that didn't get any damage. The bad news. I've been quoted $1,700 to move my lift!! I'm going from an 11' wide slip to a 14' wide slip which requires the purchase of additional hardware for the lift. Ugh

Which Marina?

Wholly Crap. . . . Glad there wasn't any boat damage.

You could put your boat and a couple of skis in a 14 foot wide slip

I guess the Marinas can charge what ever they want when the demand rises.

Will you get a refund for the previous slip?
Actually my lease expiration coincides with my exodus. I'm lucky in that sense. However, I do not know what others in that marina are going to do.

Wow, that is good.

Every time I see this title I think of Brooks & Dunn singing... "My Mari-eeeee--eee-eee-nah..."

@Shuck Water ... really hated to see all that damage but glad to see that your boat made it okay. This may be a stupid question but couldn't you mount your lift the same as you did in your old stall?? You would just have some extra space on one side but I wouldn't think you would need anything special for that??

Most Marinas won't let you weld or screw anything to their slips. That's why they require you to go through them for anything permanent like that. I can understand their logic with the amount of turnover you could have through the years and everyone wanting to do their own modifications.

@Jim Robeson BigN8 is correct, the marinas won't allow you to touch your slip without their permission. It's complete bullshit but that's the monopoly we have to deal with. Still beats California!

@Shuck Water everything beats The Peoples Republic of CommieFornia.

Back