• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Throttle cable ‘07 230sxHO

EvenParr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve seen the video, but my hatch doesn’t look the same. I don’t have direct access to the cables. I have no idea what I’m doing, but not afraid to try your suggestions.

Attachments

• C4DEB366-D235-4E83-8B6F-8644EBFEA069.jpeg
    C4DEB366-D235-4E83-8B6F-8644EBFEA069.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 7606DE58-C6A9-422A-9CD3-3BDE984D0253.jpeg
    7606DE58-C6A9-422A-9CD3-3BDE984D0253.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • E941C2EA-C381-43EB-851F-AE4E1AE2FFBB.jpeg
    E941C2EA-C381-43EB-851F-AE4E1AE2FFBB.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Glad to have you on board
Update your profile with your location

What problem are you having that makes you concerned about your throttle cable?

What doesn't look the sam as the video you saw?

Check out the link in my signature below for lots of great tips about your boat

In the video, the cable/linkage is attached the sidewalks, with complete access and visibility. My cables appear to go into the side of the engine covers, instead of being attached to sidewalks.
How do I access mine, and once there, what do I do?

Both engines will run fine, and then the starboard will slip, and lose 1200 RPMs @ WOT. Then if I throttle back, to say 8,000 I can sometimes get lucky, and ‘catch’ the cable again. Or at least, that’s what it seems/feels like.

@EvenParr I did get your PM. I agree with @Scottintexas . What issue are you having with the throttles? Did you buy Throttle Sync and it did not work for your boat like mine. If it is an engine sync issue with throttles even, you can run with one forward of the other to sync them. Our model year has a continuous cable from the throttle levers to the throttle body on the engines. Our M/Y does not have an APS electronic interface that you may have seen on video here and Youtube. The syncing adjustment is not linear from idle to full throttle and you will never get it perfect. Mine are synced, or so it seems up to about 4k rpm's and then to keep sync at 8k rpm I run my port lever slightly ahead of starboard. You can make adjustments to one cable or another while on the water. The adjustment is under the air filter box. But what you gain on one end, you may lose on the other.

Your post above just came in as I was typing. Sound like you have throttle slip/drop. I think @Speedling has a thread in the FAQ's on how to fix. Maybe @Scottintexas knows where it is.

Edit: Found it here: https://jetboaters.net/threads/throttle-dropping-check-here.299/

Oh Yea, Welcome to the Forum.

Last edited:
Before getting too deep into this @EvenParr have you tried tightening the friction screw for the throttle lever that is slipping back? You can access these screws through a removable rubber plug at the rear lower base of the throttle quadrant. If that doesn't work @Speedling has posted a procedure that has helped many. There should be no need to replace those cables as they, hopefully, never see water.

I realized I fixed the problem, and never thanked you for your replies. Thank you.
Turns out, all I did was run some compression checks, and replace spark plugs, and seemed to solve it. Which was weird, considering I replace plugs each season.
I feel like it is similar to Christmas Vacation movie, "fell down a well, and her eyes went crossed. Got kicked by a mule, and they're straight again."

Back