• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector and Lateral thruster handling questions

Bruggar709

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn’t check with them I just assumed they sent the correct ones

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I didn’t check with them I just assumed they sent the correct ones
Im pretty sure the pump changed during this latest "generation". If you have a pre 2019 and ordered the 19 to current, they should be considerably different.

Bruggar709

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I sent JBP an email to check what was shipped. I thought I had the latest version of TV however I have a 2014 SX190

Jashworth03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Lots of good info here. Anyone else have the lateral thrusters installed on a 2019 or newer and have good success?
The guy from cobra jet was saying in another post they don’t really work with 2019 and newer because of the new bucket.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lots of good info here. Anyone else have the lateral thrusters installed on a 2019 or newer and have good success?
The guy from cobra jet was saying in another post they don’t really work with 2019 and newer because of the new bucket.
2019 and newer already have factory lateral thruster, the one JBP offer is to enhance it but you lose some reverse thrust power is what I heard but it do work, check on post there is lots of them that upgraded to that.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
19 foot with my super ultimate ak-19 deluxe system added to it video sent to me by the customer who was totally thrilled with the results. https://fb.watch/dMr4yZ8EDA/

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Naut Krazy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have LT installed on my 2022 210FSH. I can walk the boat sideways and spin on hull length. There was a small learning curve as I have never owned a boat...jetboat.

Stubok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have LT installed on my 2022 210FSH. I can walk the boat sideways and spin on hull length. There was a small learning curve as I have never owned a boat...jetboat.
Good to know. I hadn’t installed the LV’s yet because I was nervous about drilling the nozzle.

Bruggar709

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i have a 19' with TV everything works perfectly and nothing noticeable when I installed. Do you have the right TV for your model year and you checked with JBP on that? Also add picture here so we can see how you installed it
According to JBP I have the correct ones, still thinking the spring is too string and doesn't allow the TV to rise up under power

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here is a recent post from another person who recently changed from thrust vectors and L T's to the cobra super magnum ak-19 deluxe without lateral thrusters of any type just the stock reverse

Shane Januszewski

Howdy FSH fans.
I took my FSH 252 out today for the first time since installing the Cobra Jet Steering system. Finally had a day off and decent weather.
All I can say is WOW!!!!
Posting on here is challenging because I previously had the Thrust Vectors and Lateral Thrusters. I have spoken to both of the inventors and businessmen who sell both products and are also members of this group. I will say that both are fine people and both make great products. I have purchased many other things from jet boat pilot.
But...
I was just longing for a more stable steering experience, and so after using the thrust vectors for over 7 months I realized they just did not suit my needs. The 252 handled beautifully today both in the morning when the lake was like glass, and in the evening when the lake was very choppy. It was as close to the feeling of having an outboard as possible with a jet boat. Finally, my boat did not feel like a huge sale in the wind..it would track straight and steer on command. It actually took a minute to get used to the rear end staying put when I steer. Boat turns on a dime even at speed, and feels much safer doing it. Maneuvering around the dock was just as awesome. Lastly, it was nice to have my original reverse thrust back when backing off of the trailer, as these Jet Boats already struggle with torque backing off the trailer.... I have to get the trailer much deeper than I prefer. So, having that original reverse thrust back was nice. The Cobra Jets do not affect top speed. I hit 46MPH with a full tank of gas and 2 people on board....same speed I previously had...just felt safer doing it so we rode 46mph the whole lake trip to our fishing spot.
I did not have as much lateral movement at the dock without the lateral thrusters, but working both throttles accomplished the same goal for me.
I just wanted to put this out there for other jet boaters to have information so they can make the right decisions for themselves.
Also... it was a great day on the lake my son and I cleaned house on the catfish
1672698402938.jpeg
Here is a video provided by a very happy customer trying out his super ultimate ak-19 deluxe for the first time on his 2022 195s Yamaha jet boat and his... | By Cobra jet steering | Facebook

Last edited:

Bruggar709

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not looking to purchase any else just trying to optimize the TV operation. This boat you mention is much larger than mine plus it has dual engines. Not a great comparison but thanks for the suggestion

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Attachments

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not looking to purchase any else just trying to optimize the TV operation. This boat you mention is much larger than mine plus it has dual engines. Not a great comparison but thanks for the suggestion
I think you are correct. As the multiple posts on here about the two steering brands, go with what you invested in. There are no wrong decisions other than swapping them out right after buying them and taking a loss. That's just silly.

Work with JBP to be sure you have the correct components. They will take care of you.

shwnoff2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really how interesting, here is a video sent to me by of one of my customers testing my steering out on his 19 foot boat for comparison Actually I like the idea of people in the real world doing comparisons , maybe this 4th you can talk to other Yamaha boaters out on the water and do some comparison boat tests with each others systems. https://fb.watch/dMr4yZ8EDA/ And a reminder be safe this holiday and look after each other.
Dude that video shows nothing but a boat doing circles in the water from a distance. Hardly proof that what they installed is doing anything.