• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

thrust vector spray and turning ability

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So we have about 35 hours on our 2017 AR195. All but the 10 hour break in period have been with thrust vectors installed. I get a terrible fine mist on the back of the boat. When it was really hot I didn't mind. But now that the weather has cooled and we were just cruising the river the mist has made the entire rear of the boat unusable. It was terrible. And if the windshield is closed the pressure difference even gets me wet in the captain seat. Is this normal? Is it because of the TVs? I don't remember this being an issue on day one when we took the boat out without them.

And a secondary question. When trying to turn to the left at higher speeds, like going back to pick up a tuber the boat does not turn worth a crap. Turning right is much better, but I have never been able to spin it around like videos I have seen on youtube. Is this because of the newer rudder design that the older 192s didn't have? Are the thrust vectors affecting this? I tried to turn around on the river last week after my sister's hat flew off and like to never got turned around going left. I am still a new jetboater and am loving it but expected better tight turning ability at higher speeds, and hate the mist at slower speeds

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure @JetBoatPilot has a fix for the spray. It'd be worth it to give them a call and see what they can do for it.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
^^^^^^^ , Will has a fix for the spray and you cannot spin the newer boats because of the articulating keel. It has nothing to do with the Thrust Vectors.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you want to improve high speed steering and high speed tracking plus get on plane easier with super responsive slow speed and reverse control, get better control in rough conditions , instant response at any speed for the huge price of $159, with free shipping in the U S A and a 30 day money back guarantee I strongly suggest the VIPER system, It was designed to do all that . NO other system on the market can come close to providing all the features that system provides AT ANY PRICE! I suggest you ask some of the members here who changed over to it or who were lucky enough to BUY THEIR LAST SYSTEM FIRST!!! So don't take my word for it ask around .

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
^^^^^^^ , Will has a fix for the spray and you cannot spin the newer boats because of the articulating keel. It has nothing to do with the Thrust Vectors.
I don't think he means spinning the boat. He says he can barely turn left. I don't have any fins but that doesn't normal at all regardless of the keel...Id check into something else.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't think he means spinning the boat. He says he can barely turn left. I don't have any fins but that doesn't normal at all regardless of the keel...Id check into something else.

This is copied from his text: " , but I have never been able to spin it around like videos "

Going from my 2008 Ar230 to this new boat there is a huge difference in turning at high speeds. It does take awhile to come around. Take it off of plane and it turns better

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I understand that. He also says he cant turn left for crap. That seems like an issue with his boat. I cant imagine anyone bought a boat with the articulating keel saying I cant turn left and that being normal.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The OP says he is a new jetboater , so is his perception of it not turning at all really that? Does he just expect it to spin on itself? I don't know, we are all just assuming. I have not been on a single engine articulating keel boat to know what it should do or not do. I do know what my articulating keel twin engine boat will do, and it takes a little longer to turn at higher speeds.

I will agree with @elcue that if not on plane and you are trying to turn left and it doesn't turn then something else is faulty.

Last edited:

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got ya.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
To spin mine more while going fast I just let off of the throttle (throttle back) then turn the steering wheel hard one side and keep it turned hard over and then throttle up/rev it hard forward again . I have the Cobra Jet steering and love it. Not a complete spin out but have plenty of fun doing it this way.

I have twin engines and Cobra jet ultimate with fangs. But I do not have the articulating keel

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2016 boats had the rudder as well so it's not a 195 thing. The issue I've been told with turning left is pump loading. My boats does the same thing and always has. Another guy I know his does the same. Just how it is.

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im the OP. Just to clarify, yes I can turn left at high speed it just takes forever and what feels like a football field to do so. If I'm off plane it will turn very fast and no issues. It definitely turns much much faster and tighter going to the right while on plane. As far as spinning it...... I dont think I have pushed it to its max to spin out because I have always had my family onboard but even the boattest.com guy made it look easy. And the thing is I dont really even care to spin out, I just thought that if he was spinning out I could be able to turn my boat around on plane in less than a football field distance width. I am going to watch the video again and see which way he turns. I bet its to the right? I just watched. They do spin it to the right

Last edited:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the AK cobras with fangs and prior it didnt turn tight at all. Now it turns tighter than any boat i have driven

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is this pump loading issue just on newer boats? I feel like I can turn left fine at all speeds.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They staggered the pitch of the impellers to compensate for both engines turning in the same direction thus loading differently on one side however they do not do this any more. Some people do it themselves when they change impellers.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
He has a single engine

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is what happens when I answer a post B/C haaa. however single engines load differently one side to the other due to the pump loading easier on one side so turning is more difficult on opposite side .