• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector: What's New For 2022

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I have installed the Thrust Vectors and Lateral Thrusters since I got my old AR190 in 2014; perfect handling both forward and in reverse, zero problems. I am still not sure if I would need them for the 2022 252; with dual engines, articulating keel and new hull design. I have not really got a straight answer despite my search.

I will simply wait, try without and decide later 🤷‍♂️

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I see the circus is back in town. Lol.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have installed the Thrust Vectors and Lateral Thrusters since I got my old AR190 in 2014; perfect handling both forward and in reverse, zero problems. I am still not sure if I would need them for the 2022 252; with dual engines, articulating keel and new hull design. I have not really got a straight answer despite my search.

Many many Articulating Keel equipped twin engine Yamaha Boat owners have bought TV & LT and have given feedback that the added control was noticeable, and the purchase we'll worth the investment. I won't have a jet boat without them personally. They give me tons more confidence, especially in the wind and tidal current.

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Many many Articulating Keel equipped twin engine Yamaha Boat owners have bought TV & LT and have given feedback that the added control was noticeable, and the purchase we'll worth the investment. I won't have a jet boat without them personally. They give me tons more confidence, especially in the wind and tidal current.
No question about the added value. I am just trying to understand how much the changes Yamaha introduced have positively impacted the low speed maneuverability; possibly to a level where enhancements might not be needed for everyone.

Trust me, both TV and LT made my boating experience much better :thumbsup:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

So I am curious as to why you are worried about just slow speed control. Take your boat up on plane and make a turn ,then while turning reduce your throttles rapidly and see if you can maintain steerage. Next go on plane and just going straight when you slow down rapidly see if your boat has a bow wander, and making turns at speed see if your boat has a serious loss of speed in the turns. Can you tack large waves in a storm with your rudder? Or deal with strong wind and currents, does you boat get up on plane fast enough . Do you have a redundant steering system if your right steering cable fails how will you do in bad conditions and if your rudder hits the ground in shallow water and backlashes the steering cable will it break the cable at the threads next to the nozzle like so many others have research that using the search function and what if you hit a sand bar and rip the rudder off your boat will you be able to drive back to the ramp and put it on the trailer. And certainly you know that the newest nozzle designs from 2019 have an excellent reverse system that not only provides reverse thrust but also provides side thrust when you turn the nozzle without taking away any of the original reverse thrust. It actually produces 2 separate jets in a V configuration either way you turn the helm. so I would strongly suggest doing your own research as the boat was sold and see if you feel it is lacking in any of those areas because the inertia of that hull going fast and overtaking the steering at speed may be another concern .

Attachments

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No question about the added value. I am just trying to understand how much the changes Yamaha introduced have positively impacted the low speed maneuverability; possibly to a level where enhancements might not be needed for everyone.

Trust me, both TV and LT made my boating experience much better :thumbsup:
I guess that's subjective. I can tell you that the AK did add some, but from what our customers say on a daily basis the added control was not a sufficient fix. That's why we still sell thousands of sets yearly.

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I guess that's subjective. I can tell you that the AK did add some, but from what our customers say on a daily basis the added control was not a sufficient fix. That's why we still sell thousands of sets yearly.
thanks for the feedback.

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
So I am curious as to why you are worried about just slow speed control. Take your boat up on plane and make a turn ,then while turning reduce your throttles rapidly and see if you can maintain steerage. Next go on plane and just going straight when you slow down rapidly see if your boat has a bow wander, and making turns at speed see if your boat has a serious loss of speed in the turns. Can you tack large waves in a storm with your rudder? Or deal with strong wind and currents, does you boat get up on plane fast enough . Do you have a redundant steering system if your right steering cable fails how will you do in bad conditions and if your rudder hits the ground in shallow water and backlashes the steering cable will it break the cable at the threads next to the nozzle like so many others have research that using the search function and what if you hit a sand bar and rip the rudder off your boat will you be able to drive back to the ramp and put it on the trailer. And certainly you know that the newest nozzle designs from 2019 have an excellent reverse system that not only provides reverse thrust but also provides side thrust when you turn the nozzle without taking away any of the original reverse thrust. It actually produces 2 separate jets in a V configuration either way you turn the helm. so I would strongly suggest doing your own research as the boat was sold and see if you feel it is lacking in any of those areas because the inertia of that hull going fast and overtaking the steering at speed may be another concern .
Thanks for the elaborate explanation, very much appreciated.