• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector XL Group Buy

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys,

Many of you have been asking about a Thrust Vector XL group buy and the time has come to get that going. We are launching a new group buy today and will finalize the buy on the 31st of October. This will give guys plenty of time to make a decision and to also build up the number to the max discount level which is the best we've ever done to date!

Here are the details:

JetBoatPilot is now opening our fall group buy for Thrust Vector XL. For this group buy we will be discounting based on the following matrix:

1-10 Boats = 25% Discount + FREE SHIPPING
$142.46 Single, $284.96 Twin

11-19 Boats = 30% Discount + FREE SHIPPING
$132.97 Single, $265.97 Twin

20-29 Boats -35% Discount + FREE SHIPPING
$124.47 Single, $246.97 Twin

30+ Boats = 45% Discount + FREE SHIPPING

$104.47 Single, $208.97 Twin

COLORED FINS PRICED AT BLACK FIN PRICES!!

Thrust Vector XL Fin Retail Prices:

Twin Engine, Any Color= $379.95
Single Engine, Any Color= $189.95

Details:
-1 Boat = 1 Customer (twin engine kits count for one boat).
-You must be a member of JetBoaters.net to participate in this event.
- To commit to purchasing for this event simply email me at will@jetboatpilot.com with your color choice, boat year and model and your forum user name.
-You must have your commitment to order on file with us by the October 31, 2014.
-Orders will be shipped via USPS or UPS depending on your location.
-All colored fins will be priced at black fin prices for this event only.
For more details on this event you can write to me at will@jetboatpilot.com or call 850-960-3236 anytime.

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have been selling these for years now and I can tell you from many customer calls that you will really like them.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love the TVs. Had original cobras and they helped, but the XLs significantly improve steering. Great deal by @JetBoatPilot as usual...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My only concern and maybe you can shed some light on them, in your videos, I see the improvement as you headed towards the dock and liked that, however, you have none showing how they change the boats manuverability, like when you are spinning the 192 in the ramp slip, or backing the boat. I know I can put my boat anywhere backing it when there is no wind and the last time I was out, I was fighting the wind (I would say a moderate breeze 8 to 10 mph) and it was easier to go bow in which is not my preference when going into a slip. How do they work for those instances I described and do you have a video of something similar?

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have heard from customers that reverse handling is improved in several different situations and conditions. As for spinning the boat, I can still spin and maneuver as good or better than before adding the vectors.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Then put me down for a single.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've had TVXLs for a couple of seasons now - I went fin-less for the first two seasons I had the boat.

I have found the difference with them is interesting: They definitely improve helm response at low speed / idle speed, but they are not such huge rudders that they impact that low-speed rotate-on-a-dime ability that we have when fin-less. To say there is "zero" impact on that ability would not be accurate but it is minimal.

I bough mine because the wife wouldn't drive the boat with out them. Now that I have them I really like them. I'd definitely buy them again.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
These boats are just tough to steer in the wind going backwards with or without fins. For that matter, they are tough in the wind going forwards too! We have a great deal of freeboard and a big windshield, plus the bimini should never be up when trying to dock if you have any wind at all. But the XL's are a great added feature to control. The fact that they give you throttle neutral steering is the biggest benefit, and that they come out of the water when at speed, and you have a natural yammi then. But you get influence with the fins helping everything you do at slow speed, but backing up is a tough one and if you have wind, you have to learn what works and what doesn't. Regardless, it is easier with the fins. And the possibility of 35% off is a real steal!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Great deal on a great system. Folks should jump on it.

Works AWESOME and no metal edges back there for folks to get hurt on.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Update: For those of you who are not aware we have added a lifetime warranty on all Thrust Vector products.

Additionally we back that with the best and most dedicated customer service experience in the industry.

For more details on this sale or Thrust Vector products please feel free to call 850-960-3236.

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I had a 2008 212X with Cobra Steering...Should I put it on my new to me 2012 212X?
Personally I ditched the cobras years ago and got Thrust Vectors. This is a great deal so it's a good time to do so.

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Personally I ditched the cobras years ago and got Thrust Vectors. This is a great deal so it's a good time to do so.
@Big Shasta , I am thinking of switching from standard cobras to TV XL's. Can you tell me your take on the advantages that you experienced?

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think any of the new breed of larger fins from either Cobra or Thrust Vector will be an improvement over the original smaller versions of either. I have the Cobra 16X fins on my SX210 and find that they are an aid all the time. I've settled on a combination of inboards all the way down and outboards 4/5 down and am very happy with the overall result. Good improvement at no wake speed, noticeable (though not huge) improvement in on-plane tracking when crossing quartering wakes, still light steering (surprisingly lighter than with the outboards just one hole lower, which is weird because it is literally less than an inch of difference). The boat pivots easily at idle speed and carves turnes excellently at speed. I am sure I'd like the "ultimates" even more, but I can't really justify the expense of a new set. It's obvious that the ones I have will easily last as long as the boat. They're very robust. I imagine the TVs will do the same. I just prefer metal to polymer...no real reason for that as polymer can be extremely tough.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The biggest reason we chose polymers is that they don't corrode and they are sacrificial in an underwater impact scenario. Than can take a direct hit and flex during impact and then return to their original location, or they will give way well before a aluminum part like the nozzle or pump would.

We've had customers tell us that they backed into a rock or stump and have bent their fins. We've simply warrantied their damaged Thrust Vector fins for them and that was that. If we had chosen aluminum or stainless steel fins we could have likely caused damage to the nozzle or the jet pump which is costly to repair and also dangerous to the boat owner if those critical parts were damaged or otherwise unoperational.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
UPDATE ON Thrust Vector XL Group Buy:

Single Engine Sets Committed: 2

Twin Engine Sets Committed: 2

Deadline to get in on this group buy is Oct. 31 2014.

We've never offered a price this low on a group buy before so don't miss this opportunity to save big on this best selling product!

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Weird thought there would of been a lot more interest on this. Maybe everyone had already bought their's lol

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is what I'm thinking. We have had a couple of really great years and this board is comprised of lots of our existing customers.

Some will wait till the last minute and then jump on. We still have a few weeks to go.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I didn't already purchase TV-XL's for our boat, I would be all over this deal. I have nothing but good things to say about this product. Definitely helped me with the transition from I/O to Jet.